Factory Spray-In Liner Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

they stuck a scraper under the stock bedliner and pretty much pulled it out in one piece... lol

:shrug:

its a cheap factory option for sure, id order it if i was in the market for a new truck and there is one in my 2019, but its showing wear and some loose parts, and the video expoits all the weak points...

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

they stuck a scraper under the stock bedliner and pretty much pulled it out in one piece... lol

:shrug:

its a cheap factory option for sure, id order it if i was in the market for a new truck and there is one in my 2019, but its showing wear and some loose parts, and the video expoits all the weak points...
Well...Let's be clear on a few things...

They didnt just stick a scraper under it. They used a chisel and a hammer and it didn't come out in pretty much one piece. In the later shots, they are using a pneumatic chisel.

This is my 3rd raptor and I had a F250 tremor in between and never had a an issue with the bed liner and I use the bed a lot. I have yet to see a thread anywhere about people having systemic issues with it.

Saying the bed liner is crap when the op had an installation issue is a bit of a stretch.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...Let's be clear on a few things...

They didnt just stick a scraper under it. They used a chisel and a hammer and it didn't come out in pretty much one piece. In the later shots, they are using a pneumatic chisel.

This is my 3rd raptor and I had a F250 tremor in between and never had a an issue with the bed liner and I use the bed a lot. I have yet to see a thread anywhere about people having systemic issues with it.

Saying the bed liner is crap when the op had an installation issue is a bit of a stretch.
I will agree that I’ve never had an issue with the factory liners. But, you need to watch the first half of the video. They did not use any air chisels to remove the factory liner. They pulled it out in large sheets in about 15 minutes. Then they prepped and sprayed linex on the same truck. They then showed how much more difficult it was to remove the linex…which did require an air chisel.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will agree that I’ve never had an issue with the factory liners. But, you need to watch the first half of the video. They did not use any air chisels to remove the factory liner. They pulled it out in large sheets in about 15 minutes. Then they prepped and sprayed linex on the same truck. They then showed how much more difficult it was to remove the linex…which did require an air chisel.

correct.. the air chisel was used on the line-x installation to show the difference...

he said it took 20 minutes to rip it out.. did we not watch the same video? lol

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

correct.. the air chisel was used on the line-x installation to show the difference...

he said it took 20 minutes to rip it out.. did we not watch the same video? lol
I skimmed the second half but my comments still stand. Using a chisel and hammer and no systemic reports of issues doesnt make the factory liner junk. That was clearly fud as a line-x commercial.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I skimmed the second half but my comments still stand. Using a chisel and hammer and no systemic reports of issues doesnt make the factory liner junk. That was clearly fud as a line-x commercial.

commercial or not, clearly line-x is a better installation, which was the point of the video..

the factory liner is fine for most users, as i said, mine is showing some wear, and theres two spots where its a little loose at an edge, but i wouldnt go and have a new bedliner installed..

id expect the ford dealer to send OPs truck out for a new bedliner, which is going to be way better than the factory liner anyhow, but probably without the ford emblem up front...

any updates OP?

OP
OP
S

summands

Reaction score
commercial or not, clearly line-x is a better installation, which was the point of the video..

the factory liner is fine for most users, as i said, mine is showing some wear, and theres two spots where its a little loose at an edge, but i wouldnt go and have a new bedliner installed..

id expect the ford dealer to send OPs truck out for a new bedliner, which is going to be way better than the factory liner anyhow, but probably without the ford emblem up front...

any updates OP?
No updates yet. I am going to call the dealer since it's been two days since I initially reported and its been crickets since.