F150 Raptor side view mirror damage/replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I agree with @Bulletnjm mom has a land rover lr2 and it stays in the shop.

Whats the problem this week?

Broken rear diff - ~$1800 to replace it.
Brakes - ~$1300 to replace rotors/pads/labor

*** Sorry for the derail, back on topic now ***

Some ******* nailed my drivers side mirror while my rap was parallel parked in front of my embroidery shop. It cracked the mirror. Having the luxury package with heat/dim mirrors, the new mirror costed me about $350 if I remember right. Outrageous...

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was not talking about a Land Rover for reliability (Unless we are talking the old school Defender). I was talking luxury options, such as leather dash and door panels. New land rovers in the states as luxury SUV's that are more plush features than off road machines.

I like that the raptor has a nice balance of off road brute with a few nice interior things like the seats. Now if it only came with the leather center console cover from he factory as the stock plastic with no padding sucks on long trips

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is this not a warranty issue? I've pushed mine open or closed several times with no problem.

OP
OP
J

JimboSVT

Reaction score
Why is this not a warranty issue? I've pushed mine open or closed several times with no problem.

The dealer said that since I opened it, it was damaged by me and thus not under warranty. I think that the plastic was a little brittle/weak, but with someone having to eat $1000, the dealer was unwilling to consider a defect.

To answer another poster's question: I pushed the mirror out to use on the outside of the truck. I was putting in a contact lens outside the truck and needed a mirror, so I pushed it out with my hand (away from the "normal" position, which should still be OK based on how the mirror moves) and it cracked.

D

Deleted member 12951

You mean like this?

d4e7245e7f607ab572820ee7880149cf.jpg

I've done that several times when detailing the truck and just now without any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

JimboSVT

Reaction score
You mean like this?

d4e7245e7f607ab572820ee7880149cf.jpg

I've done that several times when detailing the truck and just now without any issues.

Right. Me too. Except it was about 5 degrees outside this time. Not sure if the plastic is brittle in cold weather.

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 66
Reaction score
I would be pissed that it broke, but I would also figure it's on me since I physically did it. Also I agree $1000 for a stupid mirror is ridiculous.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Salvage yard.

On a side note: Dealership is replacing my drivers side mirror due to a bad vibration that causes objects in the mirror to appear blurry. It has been a few weeks since they filed the repair order and after hearing how much they cost to replace I'm not surprised they are dragging their asses! If I can scam the old one from them it's yours...