F150 Raptor side view mirror damage/replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimboSVT

Reaction score
I just bought a 2014 Raptor. Runs like a champ, but I pushed out on the driver's side mirror and the plastic rim around the mirror cracked. Went to the dealer and the plastic rim cannot be replaced (it's not sold separately); I'm being forced to purchase the entire mirror. Price: $994.82 !!! The list price on a Raptor is like $50K, and the mirror replacement is $1000 ??

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Ford's choice of materials on some of the features (a lot of cheapy plastic on the dash (e.g. the knobs, glovebox, etc.)). For such a rugged machine, to have this fragile plastic hanging off of it does the truck a disservice. And then, when a piece breaks (like the mirror rim), the consumer is forced to pay $1000 to replace the cheap plastic? Ford is better than this.

Sorry for venting, but does anyone know where I could purchase the rim for the mirror? The whole assembly of the mirror is part number:
BL3Z-17683-FAPTM . Thanks in advance.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the right one some of them don't have the fancy glass and adjustments and are much cheaper but not the correct part.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow a first post with zero details about yourself and you bitch about things and bash the truck. And read what you stated. Its an offroad truck, which is why its not a leather lined dash and door panels vehicle. Hell even the 911 offers the leather upgrades as an OPTION.

Do yourself a favor and realize you bought an off road capable F150, not a Land Rover luxury SUV.

OP
OP
J

JimboSVT

Reaction score
SilentShooter is right (although in a troll kind of way). Didn't think I needed to explain more about myself in order to get some help on a replacement piece of plastic for a mirror, but here goes: I have been dreaming of buying a Raptor for the last 5 years. Did a ton of research, saved up and ordered and bought one without even taking a test drive. LOVE THIS TRUCK!!! I've had it for 6 months now, and road-tripped to North Carolina (from Chicago) to pick up one of the kids from college. We ended up going off road and having a blast on 4Wheel/ATV trails. Really a great truck that can handle any off-road situation. Took it deer hunting this weekend and ended up towing a car out of the woods with it, driving through/over fields, etc. It's not being babied, but I do take care of my vehicles and would never allow them to fall into disrepair (e.g. a broken mirror). I paid around $53K for the truck brand new. It's black (no decals) and turns heads wherever I drive. I have five kids and they all prefer this ride over my wife's SUV (the luxury SUV that SilentShooter referenced).

I don't think I really "*******" about the truck, but really think that there should be another option for fixing or replacing the plastics on this truck, especially if, as SilentShooter explained, it's an offroad capable vehicle where some bumping/bruising should be expected. I plan on keeping this truck forever, so maintaining it and replacing broken parts will *always* be done. This truck is too nice not to attempt to keep it in like-new condition.

Hope this explains my predicament and love for the truck at the same time.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit, even Land Rovers break if you push it hard enough!

You stated yourself that you "Pushed out on the drivers side mirror". My apologies but it sounds like you were at fault.

You might as well have said "Hello, I just bought a new Raptor and while driving off the lot, I ran my mirror into a parked Mustang. Now Ford wants $1,000 for a NEW mirror!"

Oh btw, welcome.

All auto companies charge expensive amounts for parts. It's extra $ in their pocket. Also it pays for the R&D, tooling, and manufacturing of said parts over the long run. Also while it would be easy for us end users to say, well why can't they just sell us that one little trim piece?! The answer is, they could.. But essentially it would cost them more money to do so due to shipping, stocking, packaging, etc. Also, some parts, like your mirror, engineers have figured out that X amount of times, the overall part (whole mirror) will be damaged and they might have not even accounted for the fact that 1 guy (You) will break that trim piece. They won't stock Just that part for One guy. (you) or even 1% of trucks sold.

Also you might check some used mirror housings. They should be cheaper and the same part as most are interchangeable with regular F150s If I'm not mistaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by "push the mirror out" its an auto mirror, so if there was enough force to push it out, i could see the plastic breaking.