F-150 Raptor in Norway!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking84

Reaction score
New member from Norway here! I finally admitted to myself that these smaller European/Japanse trucks just aren't what I want, and bought myself a 2020 F-150 Raptor, with 200 miles on it. Been living with it for nearly a week now, and it is waaay too big and thirsty for Norwegian roads and parking lots (see the attached image, that is the only spot in the whole garage where I can have the mirrors hanging outside the parking spot without anyone else getting too close). Despite that, I absolutely love it! Incredibly comfy, plenty of power, more than capable enough off-road for my needs. Missus loves it too.

I'll be kitting the truck out for overlanding on weekends, and using it for work / farm-work during the week. Planning to start a build of a removable camping "unit" of sorts using 80/20 aluminium profiles, two big drawers containing storage, kitchen, sink, water, fridge, a few batteries +++, and a frame to put a roof top tent on, that is possible to bolt/tie down to the existing tiedown points in the bed without modifying the truck in any way.

Apart from that the only mods I'm planning on are some LED lights and a 2 inch hitch receiver in the front to be able to mount a winch in a removable bracket at the front or the back. Oh and I already cut about 200mm off the antenna to be able to fit in the parking garage at work ;)

Attachments

• 2021-11-22 16.16.14 - Cropped.jpg
    2021-11-22 16.16.14 - Cropped.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 105

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!
#OneLessprius

That’s a pretty tight squeeze for sure. I’ve been a tourist in a few European cities and been rather impressed at the ingenuity used for parking. My current fav was the underground “garage” that was much more like what we Americans call a ‘basement’. It was in Nuremburg and we were rocking the Kia Ce’ed. It was tight even for that car and they used an elevator so that car could park one on top of the other for several spaces. there was also a large platform elevator to get your very compact car or motorbike into the tiny garage.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I just spend significant time in Austria. Can't imagine trying to navigate a Raptor in the EU.

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
Thanks all! Thought I'd add a little picture of it looking a bit more at home here on our farm on a frosty morning last week. Thankfully I don't spend much time in the city, so it will see a fair bit of dirt during its life I hope! Planning on getting one camping trip in with it before the snow arrives, if I'm lucky

By the way, if anyone knows of a good solution for a 2" hitch receiver in the front feel free to link me, or I'll create my own thread on it at some point

Attachments

• 2021-11-19 09.29.30 - Blurred.jpg
    2021-11-19 09.29.30 - Blurred.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 70

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks all! Thought I'd add a little picture of it looking a bit more at home here on our farm on a frosty morning last week. Thankfully I don't spend much time in the city, so it will see a fair bit of dirt during its life I hope! Planning on getting one camping trip in with it before the snow arrives, if I'm lucky

By the way, if anyone knows of a good solution for a 2" hitch receiver in the front feel free to link me, or I'll create my own thread on it at some point
Beautiful pic. I've seen a couple front receivers. Most are on aftermarket bumpers, but can't see why yo couldn't add one to yours, but you might have to relocate your front plate.

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
Beautiful pic. I've seen a couple front receivers. Most are on aftermarket bumpers, but can't see why yo couldn't add one to yours, but you might have to relocate your front plate.
One idea I had was replacing one of the tow-hooks with a front receiver bracket. Would have to get something fabricated, but it would save me having to cut into the front bumper, or even worse, having to relocate the intercooler. The winch would normally be sitting in a case inside the truck to avoid it getting destroyed by road salt (or on the truck bed), so having it off center wouldn't really bother me :)

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member from Norway here! I finally admitted to myself that these smaller European/Japanse trucks just aren't what I want, and bought myself a 2020 F-150 Raptor, with 200 miles on it. Been living with it for nearly a week now, and it is waaay too big and thirsty for Norwegian roads and parking lots (see the attached image, that is the only spot in the whole garage where I can have the mirrors hanging outside the parking spot without anyone else getting too close). Despite that, I absolutely love it! Incredibly comfy, plenty of power, more than capable enough off-road for my needs. Missus loves it too.

I'll be kitting the truck out for overlanding on weekends, and using it for work / farm-work during the week. Planning to start a build of a removable camping "unit" of sorts using 80/20 aluminium profiles, two big drawers containing storage, kitchen, sink, water, fridge, a few batteries +++, and a frame to put a roof top tent on, that is possible to bolt/tie down to the existing tiedown points in the bed without modifying the truck in any way.

Apart from that the only mods I'm planning on are some LED lights and a 2 inch hitch receiver in the front to be able to mount a winch in a removable bracket at the front or the back. Oh and I already cut about 200mm off the antenna to be able to fit in the parking garage at work ;)
Just curious what a raptor cost in Norway is like vs USA?