F-150 Raptor in Norway!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem with the toe hook attachment is they tug from the fixed point of the tow hook, whereas a receiver hitch with the extension of the winch tray, etc., will allow the reciever to have a lot more leverage on the frame attachment point. With the front horns of the frame already being relatively weak (a big part of that is they need to be able to crush for safety reasons), and that each tow hook/receiver only attaches to one side of the frame, there is a lot of risk if the winch pull has any angle to it. You can add some frame reinforcing supports like these https://offroadalliance.com/products/add-frame-reinforcement-kit-2017-2019-raptor-2015-2019-f150/
Or, do a dual receiver at each tow hook with a winch tray that utilizes both sides, ala Superwinch circa 1995.

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
Thanks @jimmyjamm that makes a lot of sense. I'll have to look closer at this. The ideal solution would be to find enough space behind the front bumper to mount a bracing bar and a 2" hitch in the center where the plate is, and just have the plate flip up when I need to hook the winch on. Not sure it is possible though. -10c outside today so I don't fancy getting under the truck to check ;)

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome! looks great. None of us have any reason to complain about truck pricing and gas pricing comparative to you lol

Your government really wants you to feel the meaning of the phrase "You've got to pay to play"

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
welcome! looks great. None of us have any reason to complain about truck pricing and gas pricing comparative to you lol

Your government really wants you to feel the meaning of the phrase "You've got to pay to play"
Indeed ;) I can't really complain, I work for an oil company so the high oil prices are indirectly funding this truck for me. Feel like I am just doing the right thing, supporting my own industry by spending a silly amount of cash on fuel!

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome from France, finally , if we consider FRF is international, we arnot so far from each other ...I don't understand your price , but it doesnt matter... I paid mine (2020 with 3800 miles, scab leadfoot 802A) 1 year ago 64K USD... a great deal when we see the actual situation... and the scab will become rare...I am very happy with mine, a very good decision at the best time ...
Enjoy

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
Thanks! I wonder how many Raptors there actually are in Europe, can't be that many. They are surprisingly popular here despite the price though - as a commercial vehicle you can claim the VAT back on expenses if you run your own business as I do, which thankfully helps a bit. Still, our car taxes are insane, everything costs easily twice what it would do elsewhere even compared to the rest of Europe.

Loving the truck though, it is comfy, powerful and capable. And remote starting it in a parking garage in Oslo gets you some interesting stares ;)

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Nice raptor and love how it takes up the whole parking spot lol

I hear ya on the import prices. My buddy paid a hefty price to get a 90s jdm skyline. Thanks to politics and greed etc, we got hosed on imports like that all together. It’s called the “25 years law” so basically nothing newer than 25 years old and then whatever nonsense law each state tacks on too. Idk of things have changed yet but I doubt it…

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I wonder how many Raptors there actually are in Europe, can't be that many. They are surprisingly popular here despite the price though - as a commercial vehicle you can claim the VAT back on expenses if you run your own business as I do, which thankfully helps a bit. Still, our car taxes are insane, everything costs easily twice what it would do elsewhere even compared to the rest of Europe.

Loving the truck though, it is comfy, powerful and capable. And remote starting it in a parking garage in Oslo gets you some interesting stares ;)
So you had to take out the rear seat or they would screw you for another $60k+ ??? What the F is that? (I understand the definition you provided, in just blown away by certain laws in other countries)