Extra part sale!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you had a CDL License you would know more about road restrictions.
It's not just NY that have these restrictions.
In any case here in the Tri-State area ( NY, NJ and Conn) registration comes in many flavors.
The whole pickup thing when you're using it as a personal vehicle is a pain.
But what their trying to do is stop businesses from cheating, like paying road tax and bridge and tunnel fees.
Commercial registered vehicle pay less on registration but they are also not allowed to park overnight on public streets.
There are roads that are not designed to handle commercial vehicles be it size and or weight.
You hear it every week on the news, truck hits overpass killing people.
You have to understand back in the day all roads were just wagon tracks that started from the north east so,
some if these roads were never intended to handle big traffic and big vehicles.
I hope I shed a little light on the subject.
Otherwise Wiki it!!!

Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MTF, you are right, in my profession I do not need nor have a CDL. Where I live I know of no such laws. It makes sense that some roads were not made for large heavy trucks. Maybe I am missing the point they made in CDL class. The stupid, funny part is- take a Ford Raptor in with a curb weight of 6050. To big and heavy to drive on road without commercial plates. Take the same Raptor back with a camper shell, it is now heaverier, all be it very little. Also, it is larger due to the addition of added covered space of shell. Now the heavier, larger truck is within limits. That is what seems stupid.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc