Exterior Door Handle seal falling out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I came out the other day and saw a little loop of material peeking out of the bottom of the driver's side door handle. I didn't take a pic, but I found one of the same situation on the F150 Forum:

26837-cimg5947.jpg

Here is the thread:
Exterior Door Handle Panel's seal falling out? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

From the looks of things, this is the only seal on the door handle. Looks like I will have to take the whole door apart to fix it, or just leave it (not fond of that option).

Ford techs, have any input?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep no cost to me

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Oh i just remembered that my Service Manager said there are like 7 different seals for the F-150 handle.... and they also had to order it in so make sure they take your vin. I don't know what the difference is but i'm sure all raptors are the same.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Freezing temps/snow for the past few days and I noticed my seals are falling out. Any write ups for the fix? I prefer not to take it to the stealership.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the same thing happen on 2 doors. Taking it to the dealer this weekend.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had little bits falling out for 2 years now, washed it yesterday and still some coming out. Hate to take it to the dealer just to have them nick, scratch and break stuff like they always do.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines doing that as well.

Guess it's a good thing I have the color matched door handles coming in next week.