Extend Warranty or Warranty In General.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased Mechanical Breakdown Insurance through GEICO. They cover all mechanical breakdowns for up to 7 years or 100,000 and carries a $250 deductible. The MBI covers all parts and systems and I can take my truck anywhere.

After looking at Flood and Zeigler, who hands down offer the best prices, a 5 year 100,000 PremiumCARE plan with a $200 deductible would cost me $930. (I purchase on mileage rather than years due to driving 20k per year.)

I'm paying $118.20 per year for GEICO's MBI - this comes out to $591 for 5 years, or 100,000 miles. I'm saving $339 vs purchasing Fords extended warranty.

Just another option to think about if your insurance company offers the coverage - it's worth looking into.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I purchased the 8 year/ 125,000 miles with a $50.00 deductible ESP Premium Care with $60.00 rental up to 10days from Flood Ford for around $2,400 or somewhere around that cost.

Art warner

Reaction score
I bought the warranty on all three of my Raptors. The first two was pro rated upon trade driving my 2017 to this day. Just had the sunroof replaced under the 36000 miles. Now if anything goes wrong it’s on the ford extended warranty. It’s one heck of a truck. Ready to buy a new one if they would change the truck .

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just curious, do you guy buy extended warranty for the Raptor? Or any sort of warranty or careplan?

If you do, do you go directly to Ford or Floodford or ?

Thanks

I called the dealer and discussed their options before choosing one and then purchased it from them. My plan is probably different than most since I don't put many miles on it I wanted the extra time.
Hope this helps

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering a warranty for electronics and the sunroof. I plan on modding mine a bit so I accept that the Powertrain won’t be covered. But I’ll be putting about 25-30k miles on the truck a year

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought extended warranty but I regret it for the following reasons: I wanna get out of the truck and I cannot modify anything past the exterior and really the exhaust. I would love to tune and build the motor but again, I would basically be throwing away my guarantee on the truck. It does **** me off because even Mercedes and BMW tolerate most engine mods to an extent. Obviously, if you bring in your 335 with a blown motor while it has new turbos on it... they might deny that under warranty. But come on, I can't even tune this thing?

OBX

Reaction score
Newbie here so pardon the ignorance. Is a Flood Ford extended warranty something underwritten by FoMoCo or is this a separate organization? I’m reluctant to buy anything that I don’t have recourse with Ford for as once we bought an extended warranty on HVAC equipment and the company went bust. TIA

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that’s exactly the input I’m looking for :)
So you wait after 3 years 36k miles and do that? Or get it a bit ahead before ford factory warranty expires?

Beside that, anyone would recommend getting any other warranty ? Mine is barely 1500 miles , I won’t mod much of the truck beside some minor stuffs like fog light, or wheels, and other lighting etc. Any suggestion? Or the Ford original 36k miles is enough?

Thanks

Mine ran me about 1600 and my trucks a little over a year old with less than 3000 miles so I know I won't have 36000 by the end of 3 years which Is why I wanted the extended time on the warranty package i got.
FYI you can inquire from the dealer at any time I would think. I mean once you seal the deal on the sale and didn't get one then just means you'll be paying a little more for it now. But I thought the cost was reasonable considering its bumper to bumper.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here so pardon the ignorance. Is a Flood Ford extended warranty something underwritten by FoMoCo or is this a separate organization? I’m reluctant to buy anything that I don’t have recourse with Ford for as once we bought an extended warranty on HVAC equipment and the company went bust. TIA
It’s a Ford plan. Flood Ford just has the best pricing.