Experience with Tasca parts website

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sharpie

Reaction score
Good evening,
Has anyone had any positive experience ordering and receiving their parts from Tasca.com. I am looking for a oem front bumper for a 2014 Gen 1 and had questions. They aren't taking calls for the last few days and I decided to check online reviews and they were not good..even with the BBB. Any ideas on other parts websites is appreciated.
Thanks!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Used to be Tousley:

These guys always seem to have the best price, but I've not bought from them yet.

It's time to start hoarding your Gen 1 parts if you plan to keep it long term. I used to be able to pick up a mint used 03 Cobra hood for $500, and new was under $1000. You can't get an OEM Ford 03 Cobra hood at all anymore. You either fix the one you have or fix up some aftermarket replacement junk. SVT specific stuff gets rare quick.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think Tasca sucks for the last few years, they have completely changed. Their shipping costs are insanely high and their customer service is nonexistent. Their shipping is at least triple what it should be for any and all parts. I bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, especially for my Volvo. I was always a fan. Since the Chinese virus they have gotten much worse than they already were. Shipping from R.I. to PA was $25 for the little perimeter alarm box, they are only 300 miles away from me! If you ever do get ahold of someone, they act like they are doing you a huge favor by dealing with you, screw ing you for shipping, and taking a few dollars off of list. I did much better by getting 10% off from my local dealer, because I bought my truck there, with no shipping charges, for an interior part and some fasteners I needed.

Try Fairway Ford. That's who I ended up getting the alarm from. They have discounted prices, they were great to deal with, and have free shipping on many parts. https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/

Last edited:

raptr1

Reaction score
2 times I have ordered parts from them, and in a week I get an email saying that part is not available. After giving them 2 chances and nothing worked out, I stoped. Other companies are happy to send me my parts within a day or two.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the past few months I have placed a handful of orders through Tasca and it's been a positive experience. It usually takes about three week for the parts to be delivered and they usually have the items that I have been looking for. I prefer ordering through RockAuto and Fairway like @Oldfart had mentioned because they deliver must faster. Tasca did screw up one of my orders and the only way that I was able to communicate with them was through "Live Chat".

Have you tried ordering through your local Ford dealership? They usually do not charge for shipping.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I reached out to the local ford store a few years ago and explained that I would rather support a local business but the pricing had to be competitive. They have been competitive and are willing to work with me when possible. Your community is more important than the internet.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its worth checking the "local" dealerships, depending on who it is they may have competitive pricing with tasca when you figure in shipping. I used to buy a lot from tasca, less now. The other guys mentioned in this thread already are pretty good go-to's. One other source is Car-part.com for used stuff if the item you are getting lends itself to buying used.

OP
OP
sharpie

sharpie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! I've ordered parts from Rock Auto before with good results but they don't have a bumper at this time. There is someone selling a new bumper for this truck on ebay for $600 bucks or so but they don't reply to questions either, don't want to order and get a flimsy replica...what's wrong with folks? I think I will give the Ford dealerships mentioned a call and give my local dealership a chance. Y'all are right about spare parts. I was able to find the upper valance on carparts.com but had a bit of trouble with shipping (they folded the first one sent!) and had to resend. I had a little fender bender and just trying to get it straight.

Attachments

• 2014.jpg
    2014.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 15