Exhaust smells like gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwin

Reaction score
Hi guys. I purchased a used 2018 that supposedly has some sort of tune. I was told the exhaust is a custom manifold back exhaust and it also has an AFE intake. I notice that the truck produces a lot of visible exhaust smoke/fume and it smells like gas. Do you think that this is related to the tune? Maybe a bad air/fuel mixture setting?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you have issues for sure. Have you taken it anywhere to get looked at yet? Have you verified what non-stock components are on the truck, not just previous owners word?

OP
OP
Jwin

Jwin

Reaction score
I bought it from a dealership and that's what they told me. I'm trying to get the contact info of the previous owner but so far no luck. I for sure know it has an AFE intake, Garrett intercooler, and Radium Engineering catch can. I can see the intake and I have the boxes and stock parts for everything. The exhaust I don't have and tune is questionable. I've only had the truck 3 weeks so haven't taken it anywhere yet.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it have cat deletes or aftermarket cats? That will smell bad.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
What tune is on the truck? Did it come with the actual tuning device? Surprised a dealer sold a tuned truck as I'm assuming you have a 3yr 36k warranty?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought of that as well but haven't crawled underneath to look yet.
You lazy sum bitch, lol. Did you buy it from a Ford dealer? I'd be surprised if a Ford Dealer would sell it with an aftermarket tune on it.