GEN 2 Exhaust leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uploading video I took below

Cold start this morning and at idle, noticed and heard leaking underneath the truck. Coming from a portion of the exhaust, tried to get a video of it. Sounded like it was burning (bubbling) whatever fluid it was leaking. Didn't smell though and stopped after the engine warmed up (5 minutes). Thoughts? Concerns? Recommendations?

View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like the condensation in the exhaust is burning off. The exhaust also has weep holes for draining. Not sure you have anything to worry about but if you're concerned, a better video/audio might help or a visit to a dealer.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get under there on a cold start and move you hands around the clamps - if there is a leak you will feel the air. Can also do the same when warm/hot but need to be careful not to burn yourself. The dripping you see is just condensation from a cold start. If there is a small leak they usually seal up when the exhaust gets hot due to expansion.

OP
OP
R

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate the insight, I’m very green when it comes to mechanical knowledge but learning fast with everyone’s help.

I’m in AZ so hard to find a cold day right now but I’ll do it super early if I see it happen again.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate the insight, I’m very green when it comes to mechanical knowledge but learning fast with everyone’s help.

I’m in AZ so hard to find a cold day right now but I’ll do it super early if I see it happen again.
Cold start is when it sits for overnight and completely cools down. Cold start means the engine is cold and not warm from a recent start or a hot start where it's been running for a long time and it's up to temp.