ever sued a dealership??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptoragecar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my car for service (oil and tire rotation).I realized that they did not rotate the tires, after complaining about it, they admitted they didn't and quickly took the car back in to rotate them. They just inverted the front and back tires. I got suspicious so got the oil tested, the testing is not conclusive, but points in the direction that they did not changed the oil, but top it off.
They offered a free service. I already have a free service that came with the vehicle purchase, that I never used since it would be for oil blend and I use synthetic.
I am thinking of the next step to take, and wondering if anybody had similar experience.
anybody know what oil our trucks leave the factory with? Has anybody tested their first oil change and willing to share the result?

Last edited:

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d call the district Ford Rep and have a long conversation with him followed by a letter to Ford letting them know about your experience with this Dealership and their offers after getting caught. Trust me Ford will not be happy. Let them know you talked to the District Rep also, they’ll be interested in what he did about the situation.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of the other Ford vehicle forums actually have real Ford customer service people monitor them. Im surprised this one does not. It would be helpful in your case because they would open a case for you just with the info from your post.

I would just do what others have said and call the 800 number. They will take care of you.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This forum is too heavily trolled to make it worthwhile for any corp representative to spend any time here.

I do agree with previous posters that this is an uphill battle, but, to put it in basic terms, the dealership committed larceny or theft here. They took your money for work they didn’t perform. If there’s no obvious mechanism, you could always write your local and state reps, state senator and copy the highest dealer contact you have on that exchange. Explain to them that the stealership took your money, didn’t perform the work and you want to ensure that 1) the responsible thieves are held accountable and 2) other citizens are not victimized by this kind of theft in the future.

Provide your evidence in the email. If it were me, I might consider a letter to the editor of a newspaper where the stealer advertises as well.

States are all over the map on consumer protection law, and especially as it applies to automobiles.

good luck, whatever you decide.

DKTXRacer

Reaction score
I understand the frustration, and sounds like you should never go back to that dealership again. However, suing the dealership is a waste of your time IMO.

Remember, a lawsuit is about recovery of money (typically), so you have to weigh the cost versus benefit.

What are your money damages? The dealership basically made you whole, although only after you called them out on it.
Are you willing to pay a lawyer hundreds of dollars an hour to recover those damages?

The only realistic avenue is if your state has a consumer protection law that allows for the recovery of attorneys fees, even then it's a lot of headache.