GEN 2 Engine misfire message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Anyone had an engine light with a misfire message yet?
Yes, As Whipple was installing CAI and the Tune I got it on my Ford Pass. When I got my truck back I hooked up my Code reader and the code was P0335, Crankshaft sensor. Ford Pass will only call it a Misfire. I am no expert. I just read up on it and it is common with Chevy Duramax and Ford Diesel. It seems like a scary code but it is like our old Distributor system. The plastic gears can come loose, or Teeth can break. If this happens you will not move. Also the most common is the Magnetic system misfires or lose its timing. This can reset on its own or we could have a bad Sensor. Whipple said they sent the report to Ford and my Truck got updates yesterday. Only drove it for around 70 miles. No issues. Waiting on final Tune that will be the Max possible for the stock Turbo.
So This is not just an Ecoboost issue, it leans more towards a Turbo design issue for other makes of Vehicles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mason5905

Reaction score
sb filter/ misfire

Same thing just happened to me after I installed the S&B. Did you figure out how to resolve it?

Yes I took it to the ford dearlership and they cleared the code and it hasn't never came back. They told me it was something to do with installing the filter and not leaving the battery disconnected for long enough.

Last edited:

jes.jr

Reaction score
Got that code too. Dealer checked the code and it said bad wastegate solenoid. Ordered the part, going back Friday.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got that misfire message a few hours after I had the S&B CAI installed.

did they tell you what actual code it threw?

did you removed the two air silencer rings/ tornado pieces from the intake pipes?

When i installed my Roush CAI, and removed these, it threw the PO4DB code ( drop in crank case vent pressure) Roush said this happens if you removed the silencer rings, changes the amount of suction on the crank case vent lines, but should be mechanically fine. Happened once after about 400 miles, then again after another 1000 miles, both times when i started it up and got on the throttle pretty quick after warm up.

both times got the same generic 'engine misfire' message from Ford PASS app.