Engaging 4x4 at speed causes grinding noise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my dealer one day to wire the solenoid also - just took them 20 days to figure out the problem. These "SVT Certified" dealers are worthless. They are given a class on the Raptor and that's IT PERIOD. They told me as much. The whole 2012 Raptor is fixed by looking, reading, guessing, calling Ford, and re-trying shit.

Do you want to know how they "re-wired" my solenoid?? They ran a single blue wire from the engine bay through the firewall, straight down, under the truck, through the frame, and to the transfer case. RPG was looking under my hood at TRR and they noticed this strange blue wire, disappearing into the firewall. They assumed I did this, and insisted it was not factory standard wiring. It was so "weekend mechanic", not even insulated, and not a standard color wire. I assured them it wasn't me.

They were nice enough to crawl under my truck (dirt and rocks) and follow the wire with a flashlight. Sure enough it was just what I guessed - the Ford Dealer's handy work.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my dealer one day to wire the solenoid also - just took them 20 days to figure out the problem. These "SVT Certified" dealers are worthless. They are given a class on the Raptor and that's IT PERIOD. They told me as much. The whole 2012 Raptor is fixed by looking, reading, guessing, calling Ford, and re-trying shit.

Do you want to know how they "re-wired" my solenoid?? They ran a single blue wire from the engine bay through the firewall, straight down, under the truck, through the frame, and to the transfer case. RPG was looking under my hood at TRR and they noticed this strange blue wire, disappearing into the firewall. They assumed I did this, and insisted it was not factory standard wiring. It was so "weekend mechanic", not even insulated, and not a standard color wire. I assured them it wasn't me.

They were nice enough to crawl under my truck (dirt and rocks) and follow the wire with a flashlight. Sure enough it was just what I guessed - the Ford Dealer's handy work.

At least they used Ford blue, lol...

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully that's what the ford engineer does to mine. Atleast it will be fixed. What wire on the T Case motor.