Electric Assist Raptor.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The total combined output of the gas & electric motors is 494hp. If the current Raptor weighs in at 5500lbs with 450hp that is 12.22lbs/hp. Now add 800 lbs to a weight of 6300lbs with 494hp which is 12.75lbs/hp. My math work fine. Power specs https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-suvs/aviator/models/grand-touring/

My mistake, should have looked at the original source of the data. I assumed it added 494 HP.

Its +94HP for 800 lbs, that 8.5 lbs / HP plus the advantage of all that power at idle and additional braking from the regeneration.

I too would like not to add all that weight, but its only 3-4 of my friend LOL

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Rather than add 800 lbs to gain 94hp how about cutting 800 lbs off the rig. Be willing to bet the gains in performance and fuel economy would be better.

How?

rear seat delete, C/F hood, what? Maybe 100? where are you going to get even half of that 800 pounds? NOT that they shouldn’t, because I agree it would be good if the truck was lighter but I’m just wondering where that weight would get pared from and would the resulting vehicle still be marketable?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
How?

rear seat delete, C/F hood, what? Maybe 100? where are you going to get even half of that 800 pounds? NOT that they shouldn’t, because I agree it would be good if the truck was lighter but I’m just wondering where that weight would get pared from and would the resulting vehicle still be marketable?
It would be very difficult but they is plenty of fat to cut. I cut more than 50lbs by changing my wheels. I know the tradeoff is cost. Light weight costs money.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Absolutely, which is why I asked the question. I don’t think many would want a rear seat / sound insulation delete, and we’re already sporting sheet aluminum and aluminum bed. 50 pounds is damn good for a wheel swap but best case, here I’m seeing maybe... 200, 250 ? potential. Maybe someone can offer some suggestions.