Easiest exhaust to install without cutting/welding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had my new truck for a couple days and about 400miles and my only gripe is how whisper quiet it is. Its a radical and lould looking truck and doesn't make ANY noise. The tires make more noise!

Anyways I only have a 2000lb aluminum race jack for my sports cars so I don't think I can get the truck up any higher to get the exhaust off over the rear axel. I'm also having a REALLY hard time finding info about catbacks for this truck even on this forum other than "this exhaust is really cool" with no install pics or youtube vids.

I'm not all that picky I just want

-No highway drone at 1800-2200rpm
-More noise but has to be reasonable, no straight pipes as I live on a golf course
-Most importantly something I can install laying on my back in my driveway with NO cutting, grinding or welding! Just unbolt and bolt back on.

I also cant find if there are any differences for the screw or scab since the exhaust would be longer but I assume the differences are infront of the cat and I know the 12' exhaust is different from the other yrs so do I need a 2012 because of specific mounts?

Thanks for your help guys.
I want to get it done this week before a big trip down to FL

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a suggestion for you. Look into Magnaflow part number 12388. It's a flow-through muffler that is almost exactly the same dimensions as that of the factory muffer. It has one 3-inch inlet and two 2.5 inch outlets just like the factory muffler, and it's only four inches shorter than the factory muffler but has an overall length of 30 inches. It will need to be welded in and a hanger installed, but the cost of installation will be more than offset by the price differential between the muffler only (MSRP is $194.34, but it can be had for $112) and the Magnaflow cat-back system for the Raptor (roughly $660).

I have not done this myself, but I'm looking at it hard. It'll be quieter than the Magnaflow cat-back system too, because the 12388 muffler is longer than the one they use for the cat-back system. I doubt that it will produce an in-cab drone if the cat-back system doesn't.

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast feedback but If I can't do it all myself I won't do it at all. Multiple multi million dollar shops have totally ****** up 3 of my cars and one did 35k worth of damage and that lawsuit finally settled. I am NEVER letting anyone touch one of my cars.

I really like the idea of swapping just the muffler but I'm OK with spending 5-700 bux to get a full blown catback.

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to eBay, I bought my magnaflow for 481 bucks with free shipping. The kit was perfect and brand new. Just look up raptor exhaust. The company is Gemstatehp. It's the one in the white box. They won't show you the front of it because they are selling it as a white box exhaust. But when you get it it is the magnaflow exhaust for the ford raptor, and it is in the original unopened box. The store has 1736 feed back with 99.8 feed back. I did the magnaflow exhaust, airaid intake and 5star tune. Works and sounds great. What knd of car did they mess up?

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast feedback but If I can't do it all myself I won't do it at all. Multiple multi million dollar shops have totally ****** up 3 of my cars and one did 35k worth of damage and that lawsuit finally settled. I am NEVER letting anyone touch one of my cars.

I really like the idea of swapping just the muffler but I'm OK with spending 5-700 bux to get a full blown catback.

Usually what I do is try to find the shop in town where people take their classic show cars and such. Then I take it to those guys. It worked well on my cutout, the shop I took it to did really good work for not much money.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I get where you are coming from, but this is almost like the old seatbelt argument that one person died from wearing one so I won't wear one even though they save millions of lives

It sucks you have had bad experiences but my last 4 cars, 2009 SportTrac Adrenaline, 2007 Mustang Gt, 2011 Mustang GT and 2010 Raptor have all had welding on the pipes and I've never had an issue.

I welded in a 51777 at a local shop Twister Specs and had a custom 3" tailpipe bent that exits the rear of the truck under the bumper. Nicely hidden because I hate exhaust pipes hanging down.

No drone at all and it has a nice rumble under WOT.

Good luck.

Jeff

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say good luck, You don't want any shop working on it, you don't want to grind or weld and don't have a big enough jack or lift...

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a good look under it today. I spent about 2hrs making a bike mount out of pvc and ill add that to my other thread in a day or two.
Anyways, if it was a simple slip off like a normal exhaust on most cars instead of that huge curved pipe over the axel I wouldn't even ask for help on here and just done it in an hour or 2.

So, the question is can you wiggle that curved part over and off the axel and get the new one back on it without the car being lifted up or in a pit? I'm worried about the clearance of the thing to unhook it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put a Magnaflow cat-back system on my last truck. I have all kinds of hydraulic floor jack assets, and there was no possible way to get the old exhaust pipes loose. I tried everything, and getting it higher wouldn't have made any difference at all.

I have this old hacksaw...

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright Ruger, I think this is the exhaust your talking about.... Magnaflow Exhaust 15588 10-11 Ford F150 Raptor 6.2L | eBay
No one gave me confirmation that there is or isn't a difference between older raptors and/or scabs vs screws for the cat back.

I supposed I COULD cut the old one off and throw it away but i'd rather sell it for gas money instead.
Once you got it off the new magnaflow was easy enough to wiggle around the axel?
Do you or anyone have a pic or two of it installed?
If someone made a video of a how to on youtube i'm sure they'd sell more systems to us do-it-yourself'ers

Ohh and to make sure, that exhaust is in the factory places not one of these "infront of the tire exhausts"

Last edited: