Dyno tune for supercharged Raptor in Las Vegas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Vegas people, I need some help finding a good shop where I can put my truck on a dyno with a really capable tuner. Running a JDM tune now, and very happy with it overall. I just want to fine-tune it to suit this particular truck.

If I have to drive to Southern California, I will.

Thanks,
Sean

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Vegas people, I need some help finding a good shop where I can put my truck on a dyno with a really capable tuner. Running a JDM tune now, and very happy with it overall. I just want to fine-tune it to suit this particular truck.

If I have to drive to Southern California, I will.

Thanks,
Sean
JDM will always adjust the Tune to your needs, putting it on a dyno isn't going to do much for drivability.
Unless the Tuner has at the shop you go to has complete real knowledge of how the Gen 1 Raptor works.

Call them!!!!!!!!

@JimIII@JDM

Last edited:
OP
OP
vegascarnut

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim has been fantastic, that's not an issue. I'm trying to track down some audible spark knock that happens at part throttle, highway speeds, before downshift, when I'm starting up a grade and just start to add more throttle slowly. Jim has already pulled a little timing out in this area, and I don't want to screw around with the tune any more until I put this thing on a dyno. So, to reiterate, JDM clearly knows their stuff and this is my 4th tune from them. I love JDM. I just wish I could drive my truck from Vegas to Jersey so they could check it out for me!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jim has been fantastic, that's not an issue. I'm trying to track down some audible spark knock that happens at part throttle, highway speeds, before downshift, when I'm starting up a grade and just start to add more throttle slowly. Jim has already pulled a little timing out in this area, and I don't want to screw around with the tune any more until I put this thing on a dyno. So, to reiterate, JDM clearly knows their stuff and this is my 4th tune from them. I love JDM. I just wish I could drive my truck from Vegas to Jersey so they could check it out for me!
I here what your saying.

Have you tried different gas stations.
I've always had good results from BP/Amoco gas.
Luckily I can get 93 octane easily here in the Northeast.

Also does it say "May Contain 10-15% Ethanol" on the pumps?
If it does you need to use Star Tron Eynzeme fuel treatment to get rid of that power robbing stuff.
It does no good in vehicle that can not benefit from E85.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vegascarnut

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with the local fuel, and it seems like I probably just got a bad batch on the way to Big Bear. Today I heard some knock on a long test drive with some hills in 110 degrees. I was almost down to 1/4 tank so went and filled up. Couldn’t repeat the issue. I’ll try again tomorrow but I think that is probably it.

I have a water/**** injection kit that I’ll be installing soon. It will help with summer intake temps and occasional bad gas.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I here what your saying.

Have you tried different gas stations.
I've always had good results from BP/Amoco gas.
Luckily I can get 93 octane easily here in the Northeast.

Also does it say "May Contain 10-15% Ethanol" on the pumps?
If it does you need to use Star Tron Eynzeme fuel treatment to get rid of that power robbing stuff.
It does no good in vehicle that can not benefit from E85.

10% ethanol does nothing to hurt power. The truck was tuned on that fuel (all fuel in Vegas is 10% ethanol unless you're buying race fuel or E85), therefore it is tuned around the presence of 10% ethanol in the fuel. As long as he has enough injector to handle it the truck would pick up power from increases in ethanol content and appropriate tuning.

OP, idk where you usually fill up, but stick to using Chevron or Costco 91 octane. I have the best luck with that in my Evo the seldom times I run 91 octane in it. It usually can an handle an extra degree of timing while also keeping the knock sensor happier than any other option in town.

Most of what Carl does when he isn't developing stuff for side by sides and motorcycles is tuning cars (mainly fords). Cool thing about fords is all of their ECU's run similar strategies. There's nothing special about the 6.2, and Carl has tuned several of them.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10% ethanol does nothing to hurt power. The truck was tuned on that fuel (all fuel in Vegas is 10% ethanol unless you're buying race fuel or E85), therefore it is tuned around the presence of 10% ethanol in the fuel. As long as he has enough injector to handle it the truck would pick up power from increases in ethanol content and appropriate tuning.

OP, idk where you usually fill up, but stick to using Chevron or Costco 91 octane. I have the best luck with that in my Evo the seldom times I run 91 octane in it. It usually can an handle an extra degree of timing while also keeping the knock sensor happier than any other option in town.

Most of what Carl does when he isn't developing stuff for side by sides and motorcycles is tuning cars (mainly fords). Cool thing about fords is all of their ECU's run similar strategies. There's nothing special about the 6.2, and Carl has tuned several of them.
10% Ethanol does rob power even when it's Tuned with it in the tank!!!
You need more than one and a half times the amount of Ethanol to to produce the same power as plain gasoline!!!
Plus Ethanol produces water in the tank, that's why Star Tron makes the enzyme.
The only reason 10% Ethanol is even put in gasoline is because the government listen to suggestions on how the help the farmers.
Now I'm all about helping the farmers but not by shoving in it my gas lowering my HP and mpg.
Look it up yourself if you don't believe me.

I tried Costco once, and never will again!!!

OP
OP
vegascarnut

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have the best luck with Costco fuel. They buy from the best local suppliers. That’s what I filled back up with, and spark knock is gone. I was super paranoid on this trip because I had a transmission issue then the spark knock, and still had 350 miles of driving left before getting home.

Whatever that station in Baker, CA was selling was pure shit—that’s for sure!