Driver side door handle replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfZeus

Reaction score
I am about to perform this modification also (along with adding a Ravelco).
I am surprised how skeptical others were about this mod. As mentioned, the lock assembly is a well known design flaw with the 2015+ F150 and makes them EASILY broken into. Eliminating the lock assembly would eliminate that easy method. Could it still be stolen/broken into? Absolutely. But other methods would likely attract more attention. Let's eliminate the easy method.
As for the dead battery situation, a remote battery terminal is the obvious easy solution.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the dead battery situation, a remote battery terminal is the obvious easy solution.
A few questions, as I'm not really sure what would happen in this situation...
  1. Assuming the battery dies, do you just find someone with jumper cables to hook their battery to the remote battery terminals? I suppose it would be possible to hook up one of those portable battery chargers/jumpers, but the likelihood of having it on you (rather than just in the truck, or at home) when you need it seems awfully slim, as I can't imagine carrying one around with me everywhere.
  2. What type of terminals are you talking about? Something like this, maybe? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SCSXVO/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
  3. Where would you mount the terminals?
  4. Once the other battery is hooked up, will the keyless/touch entry and the keyfob remote automatically work again, or do they have to resync themselves somehow?
  5. Also, seeing as you're in the same area of CO as I am (welcome, by the way!), where would you recommend getting the handle color matched/painted?
I've never had a dead battery in my truck, so just wondering what the process entails.

Last edited: