Driveline grinding issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I can’t believe this just cured my year long grinding/vibration issue. Thanks boys...this is why I read this board. So if I have been having this issue for a year do I possibly have any other related issues?

5032DF8C-59E0-4271-9512-5E73C4B165EC.jpeg

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my actuators replaced. No more noise. Under warranty for my 17.

hawksfan

Reaction score
Damn I can’t believe this just cured my year long grinding/vibration issue. Thanks boys...this is why I read this board. So if I have been having this issue for a year do I possibly have any other related issues?

View attachment 123195
I have a 2017 Lariat that had this issue. I am pretty sure the issue and fix is/was the same as on a Raptor. For me it happened on and off for about a year. The dealer kept insisting they could not duplicate the sound and giving it back to me. After finally diagnosing the issue (thanks to this forum) the (different) dealer had to replace several front end parts in addition to the check valve because there were gears that were worn as a result. So the answer to your question is that there might be damage to the front end that requires more than just replacing the check valve depending on how long it went on.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my actuators replaced. No more noise. Under warranty for my 17.

Did the dealer diagnose it or did you have to tell them? I’ve brought mine in twice for driveline grinding, first time around they replaced the IWE check valve, thought it fixed it, but didn’t. Went back after for a rear diff rebuild @ 15k miles 2 months later along with the driveline grinding. The rear diff they fixed superb, super smooth, but the grinding they said was brakes. So I bought a nice set of EBC/StopTech combo, but it’s still grinding. I need to go back there again, just sick of the run around

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the service writer on a test drive and he could hear the noise and he knew exactly what it was. He actually stuck his head out the window and heard it coming from the front passenger side tire.

Bulldawg75

Reaction score
I have noticed the same issue on my 2019 that I bought in October of 23. It seems to happen in the morning when it's cooler out after my truck has been sitting all night. I checked under the hood and I have the blue vacuum check valve. I guess I can get a new one. I'll also try putting it in 4A in the morning to see if that makes a difference. Sounds like the vale replacement fixed the issue for most. Any other insight?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter