Dreaded 4x4 popping and disengaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
60k Popsicle .

This popping noise, does it sound like a neutral drop in a transmission? The reason I ask is because my 2014 roush is in the shop 1 week 1800 miles with a sound that ONLY happens IN 4 wheel drive. The noise comes from the front every 20-30 seconds. It is a loud bang. The dealer replaced one of the IWE's and he said that the Ford Tech said that this is normal because of the extra power from the supercharger. Ford said that this noise will cause NO PROBLEMS. I'll try to video it tomorrow with a go pro and post.

Trucks been at the dealer two weeks for the same problem , would you happen to have the video so I can show my dealer what's happening while in 4x4 off-road , they don't have anywhere close to take it off-road to duplicate the noise so far.:puke:

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my problem ended up being new iwes a new t case and new vacuum hoses and solenoid, I don't exactly know which part played the biggest role but all I care now is it's fixed. I encourage anyone who is still having this issue to pm me, you can get my vin and pull up the records my dealer did a pretty good job keeping a detailed service records. Svt engineers got involved it was a 2-3 month ordeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my problem ended up being new iwes a new t case and new vacuum hoses and solenoid, I don't exactly know which part played the biggest role but all I care now is it's fixed. I encourage anyone who is still having this issue to pm me, you can get my vin and pull up the records my dealer did a pretty good job keeping a detailed service records. Svt engineers got involved it was a 2-3 month ordeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet your happier than a three peckered puppy!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

scubasteve

Reaction score
has anyone experienced this with a 2014, I have 6000 miles on mine and I am having the same noise only not as much, about every 100-150 feet it will clunk while in 4 high. I have just noticed this and not taken to dealer yet.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
has anyone experienced this with a 2014, I have 6000 miles on mine and I am having the same noise only not as much, about every 100-150 feet it will clunk while in 4 high. I have just noticed this and not taken to dealer yet.

Sounds like it's dealer time, scubasteve. I'll get this pushed up the line to your regional customer service manager; just PM me your specifics and I'll make it happen. In your message, include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I really miss just pulling my 4x4 lever and locking in the hubs. These vacuum lines are seriously a prime example of a cubicle jockey engineer thinking this was a phenomenal idea and then using plastic line on a high movement area. 50,000 dollars and ford couldn't afford a metal or even a steel braided vacuum line?

Sent from two Dixie cups and a piece of bailing twine.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I really miss just pulling my 4x4 lever and locking in the hubs. These vacuum lines are seriously a prime example of a cubicle jockey engineer thinking this was a phenomenal idea and then using plastic line on a high movement area. 50,000 dollars and ford couldn't afford a metal or even a steel braided vacuum line?

Sent from two Dixie cups and a piece of bailing twine.

I'm surprised there isn't an aftermarket fix yet. Would love some upgraded lines.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com