Dovetail rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So now that I have the Baja V1 on order (Was painful having to pick the V1 over the V2 as I think the V2 looks awesome, but I want to keep my rear sensors)

So my issue is finding a shop and having them dovetail the rear. Do you have any close up pics of the dovetail cut and possibly any when you had it marked up prior to the cut.

Lastly is there something specific that you are using on the edge after its cut.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So now that I have the Baja V1 on order (Was painful having to pick the V1 over the V2 as I think the V2 looks awesome, but I want to keep my rear sensors)

So my issue is finding a shop and having them dovetail the rear. Do you have any close up pics of the dovetail cut and possibly any when you had it marked up prior to the cut.

Lastly is there something specific that you are using on the edge after its cut.

Yea I did a little write up on the dovetail on my bumper how to here is the link to it. Now it's just a reference as to how to cut it you can pick any angle to cut it I've seen a few that were different so it's really up to you! I'm sure Jeff can provide some better pics if need be. Also he can probably send you some of the rubber edge protectant with your bumper

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I did a little write up on the dovetail on my bumper how to here is the link to it. Now it's just a reference as to how to cut it you can pick any angle to cut it I've seen a few that were different so it's really up to you! I'm sure Jeff can provide some better pics if need be. Also he can probably send you some of the rubber edge protectant with your bumper
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/rpg-raceline-how-25993/

Awesome.. That is very helpful.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Come on up for the parade this weekend. I got a sawzal... well get it done. Lol....

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

Design N Signs custom hood wrap.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=792816

Gilligan

Reaction score
I'll do it for free, just gotta get me drunk at the Columbian restaurant first. Then hold my beer as I make the cuts

OP
OP
S

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll do it for free, just gotta get me drunk at the Columbian restaurant first. Then hold my beer as I make the cuts

Sangria Dovetail.. We have to use yours as a test first...

And it will be the one in Ybor so you can have an audience of homeless and lowlifes.. The one at St Armands Circle is two high class for such shenanigans