Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Double Your Gas Mileage!

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by IRONMAN, Jul 19, 2010.

1. IRONMAN

IRONMAN Administrator Staff Member Admin Super Mod

I made one for my old truck but never installed it. Sitting in my garage.
    My dad and I were blowing bubbles up to see how strong it was. Mind you don't do that.
    A tiny little bubble smaller then a marble put out a REALLY BIG BANG.
    Thought about using it on a lawn mower.

2. Moabman

Moabman Member

3. KyKult47

KyKult47 Full Access Member

Sure Fire way to cut you gas cost in half. Is park your vehicle and drive it half as much. LOL

4. CineSLR

CineSLR Roaming Shutterbug

I'm with droid...

What idiot gets 17mpg in a TL!?

5. T palms

T palms Member

i know this thread is old, but i know there was a new-er article that came out with a lot of new stuff about saving gas

anything over 55, windows up, ac on
    anything under, ac off windows down

smoother, faster acceleration helps because your truck gets to its lower gear quicker

not using the brakes as much, and coasting to a stop

there were a few others, i tried to find the article itself, but it wont come up

if anyone else knows of it, throw it up on the main thread, it has some good stuff

6. LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR Full Access Member

I just fill my gas tank to about halfway... and always when its just below 1/4. Basically I put gas in my truck every other day. I don't mind spending too much time at the gas stations, I like people staring @ the raptor and hear them say "thats a badass truck vato loco. Can I see it inside and take a picture?!" lol

7. smokeylt

smokeylt Member

Okay guys I am fixing to purchase a Raptor Screw, But I am not thrilled about the gas mileage. I don't expect to double it, but is there some way to eek out any more MPG such as a chip or something?

8. dolfanatic1399

dolfanatic1399 Full Access Member

Best thing i found, keep your foot out of it. Damn its hard to do, but the numbers dont lie. Used to drive 75, which is 10 mph over the posted speed limit around here, and was gettin 12 mpg. Forced myself to drive the speed limit and use the cruise control, now I am gettin around 14 mpg. Dont know how much longer i can be a law abiding citizen though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Ruger

Ruger FRF Addict

If you buy every fuel line magnet, capacitive discharge spark plug, throttle body air turbine thing, water injection system, PTFE oil additive, and synthetic fuel additive that's been marketed through the years your truck would manufacture gasoline and you'd be able to sell the excess to your neighbors.

10. Ruger

Ruger FRF Addict

No. You're buying a six thousand pound 4x4 geared for off-road high performance. The best you're likely to get is 15.5 mpg in town, and 17 mpg on the road. Unless, of course, you get addicted to the sound of the exhaust when you put your foot in it!