Double Your Gas Mileage!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. You're buying a six thousand pound 4x4 geared for off-road high performance. The best you're likely to get is 15.5 mpg in town, and 17 mpg on the road. Unless, of course, you get addicted to the sound of the exhaust when you put your foot in it!

A-men my brother... A-MEN!!!!

V

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easiest way for me to improve the gas mileage on my raptor is to let my wife drive it. :crazy:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sully, Sully, you frighten me, man. ;-)

Actually, the best way to get good gas mileage out of a Raptor is to not buy one. Nobody who knows his own mind buys a 4x4 truck (or any truck, for that matter) if his primary concern is fuel economy. In automotive design everything is a compromise, and there is no such thing as the best of both worlds. Raptors are for performance, and nothing other than performance. Buy it, use it as intented with a silly grin on your face, and never give a second thought to fuel economy. Raptors are not about mpg, have never been about mpg, and will never be about mpg. Think performance, and grin like a madman!

Last edited: