Door Seal Leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it rained hard all night and when I opened my drivers door this morning I found water setting up past the door sill next to the plastic FORD kick plate. I pushed it away before I took a pic. But there was a lot more than you can see. What would cause this? I do have the surgical tubing in my seals. Anyone else have this issue?eva8y4a5.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

The water was up on the plastic completely past the seal

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the water was on the black plastic? I've never had a problem with my seals. I'd get them replaced under warranty. If you're talking about the metal part then I'm sure you know that it's always gonna get wet cause the door isn't sealed there

OP
OP
F

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e4aha5u3.jpg

The water was setting where I am pointing. I am just concerned the dealer will say I messed it up with the tubing.

OP
OP
F

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The surgical tubing door seal mod that is a Sticky on the interior mods section. Supposed to make the seals tighter.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, my drivers door does this. ONLY MY DRIVERS DOOR.

The water is coming out from under the plastic interior panel. Of the door and beading up on the top of the inner seal and right up against the hard plastic door sill step plate like you show in your pics. All the other doors do not leak there. Take a hose to your door. Then open it and you will see the water coming out from under the interior door plastic.

I'm not sure how it's getting to the INTERIOR OF THE DOOR panel from around the window or door handle maybe but it is not right.

Did you get your fixed?

OP
OP
F

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does not seem to do it anymore although I did not do anything to fix it. I have noticed that sometimes my drivers window leaks when it rains hard or when I spray the top of the window directly with the hose. So there may be some sort of leak in the window seal somewhere that is letting it run down there.