Don't tell the Gen. 1 guys I'm over here.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no kidding, says I’m playing “word games” & wants to get technical on me? Bro- you’re the one comparing lbs per HP & using 700 for a gen 1- if you get into convos about modded vehicles & lbs per HP it’s ALWAYS a discussion of power to the wheels, not hypothetical crank hp. And if it’s performance gains we wanna compare then I’d take that a step further- drop the dyno # talk & bring your rig to the strip see what it runs. Period.

I mentioned blown C5Zs as a comparison due to my experience w/ GM stuff & fact they start out w/ similar power level as a gen 1- can they make more than 600whp w/ a blower? Yeah- you can start knocking on 700whp, but to do so reliably requires a lot more supporting mods.

same goes for the Gen 1 raptor. Guys that are hitting 550+ who
Like truckasaurus supposedly is have more supporting mods done & since he knows he’s maxed out he’s now talking about pulling the motor for a stroker!??? What are we even talking bout here? I put up
Dyno sheets & facts. Stock for stock there’s no comparison. Mod for mod no comparison. The fact that we can even debate whether or not a tune only 5500 lb gen2 is faster than a 6300 lb 570whp blown gen 1 w/ $10k+ in mods shows how inferior the gen 1s are on every level to begin with.

it’s not a knock on the gen 1s per se- it’s just progress.

oh- and another thing- in stock form while also being more powerful, much torqued, stiffer, much lighter, they can also tow & haul a good bit more too!!! Making a better overall DD

oh- the tunes gen 2s making 470whp & 500+ tq? They’re also getting 16.5mpg mixed, a blown gen 1 on 37”s doesn’t even get gas mileage- you may as well
Just look at it as fuel per minute bahahahahhahahhaha

question? What do gen 1 guys do for shock upgrade? Answer- install gen 2s

I do like the sound & looks of gen 1s too tho, they’re both great trucks, the gen2 is just better in nearly every measure

I've been trying to explain to Truckasaurus without any luck that nobody is trying to claim that the Gen 1 is a bad truck or that the 6.2 is not a good engine. The guy clearly has some serious insecurity issues; he posts as much as he can in every Gen 2 thread to bash everything about the truck and proclaim that the Gen 1 is the only truck to have. The guy is borderline mentally ill; clearly he is threatened by the newer vehicle for some reason.

Members are free to post that they like their Gen 1 better for any multitude of reasons. What is not okay is promulgating false, biased, and ridiculous claims regarding Gen 2 trucks especially when the user has no data to back anything up. That's called being a troll. And from what I've seen, trolling is not taken kindly around here.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I think he really wishes he could afford a Gen2 or maybe he's pissed that he spent so much money on his Gen2 to try and match or surpass the power that Gen2 is capable of putting down.

I have nothing against the Gen1 but it's true that he's constantly trolling the Gen2 forum and is always putting down the Gen2.

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my .2 cents......If you find a nice Gen1 clean not beat to **** at a good price get it...If you find a nice Gen2 clean and not beat to **** then get it......Both are great trucks and you will not be mad at either one....if you question both then get a F@cking yota or a rebel or one of those ******** trail boss Chevys. You can't go wrong with either gen 1 or 2 raptors, both good trucks both got pros and cons.......

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why should someone only keep a Gen II for a "few years", troll? You have zero data to back up a word of the biased, unfounded nonsense that you spew on this forum. Gen IIs also make plenty of power even stock, much faster than a Gen 1, yet you claim they're only good if someone "isn't looking for a lot of power out of it"? LOL, you are a joke. A simple MPT tune puts down 452 WHP for $675 on an otherwise bone stock truck. You spent over $10,000 for how much power on an engine that's not even designed for forced induction?

Maybe in your mind. A clean 2017 with typical mileage for a 3 year old vehicle is still $50K. The cheapest one on Autotrader - Nation wide - is $36,000 with 130,000 miles on it. Put down the crack pipe.

Plenty of data has been posted. Just no data showing a Gen 2 north of 500 RWHP. :shrug:

no kidding, says I’m playing “word games” & wants to get technical on me? Bro- you’re the one comparing lbs per HP & using 700 for a gen 1- if you get into convos about modded vehicles & lbs per HP it’s ALWAYS a discussion of power to the wheels, not hypothetical crank hp. And if it’s performance gains we wanna compare then I’d take that a step further- drop the dyno # talk & bring your rig to the strip see what it runs. Period.

I mentioned blown C5Zs as a comparison due to my experience w/ GM stuff & fact they start out w/ similar power level as a gen 1- can they make more than 600whp w/ a blower? Yeah- you can start knocking on 700whp, but to do so reliably requires a lot more supporting mods.

same goes for the Gen 1 raptor. Guys that are hitting 550+ who
Like truckasaurus supposedly is have more supporting mods done & since he knows he’s maxed out he’s now talking about pulling the motor for a stroker!??? What are we even talking bout here? I put up
Dyno sheets & facts. Stock for stock there’s no comparison. Mod for mod no comparison. The fact that we can even debate whether or not a tune only 5500 lb gen2 is faster than a 6300 lb 570whp blown gen 1 w/ $10k+ in mods shows how inferior the gen 1s are on every level to begin with.

it’s not a knock on the gen 1s per se- it’s just progress.

oh- and another thing- in stock form while also being more powerful, much torqued, stiffer, much lighter, they can also tow & haul a good bit more too!!! Making a better overall DD

oh- the tunes gen 2s making 470whp & 500+ tq? They’re also getting 16.5mpg mixed, a blown gen 1 on 37”s doesn’t even get gas mileage- you may as well
Just look at it as fuel per minute bahahahahhahahhaha

question? What do gen 1 guys do for shock upgrade? Answer- install gen 2s

I do like the sound & looks of gen 1s too tho, they’re both great trucks, the gen2 is just better in nearly every measure

If you have a problem with the crank horsepower numbers I quoted from Shelby and Roush then post up your own. Or use RWHP figures. Either way, the Gen 2 falls short.

You have demonstrated your ignorance so many times in this thread and you just can't stop. Nobody with a brain runs Gen 2 shocks on a Gen 1. They are incompatible. We upgrade to real 3.0s. Or better. And there are a lot of better options.

Guys. The Gen 2 is a great truck. Really. Perhaps the best off road truck currently on the market.

It just has a really, really small engine.

I'm just dealing with facts here.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to explain to Truckasaurus without any luck that nobody is trying to claim that the Gen 1 is a bad truck or that the 6.2 is not a good engine. The guy clearly has some serious insecurity issues; he posts as much as he can in every Gen 2 thread to bash everything about the truck and proclaim that the Gen 1 is the only truck to have. The guy is borderline mentally ill; clearly he is threatened by the newer vehicle for some reason.

Members are free to post that they like their Gen 1 better for any multitude of reasons. What is not okay is promulgating false, biased, and ridiculous claims regarding Gen 2 trucks especially when the user has no data to back anything up. That's called being a troll. And from what I've seen, trolling is not taken kindly around here.

Where's your data?

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You seem to struggle with the fact that if someone dumped $10K+ into a Gen 2, it would wipe the floor with your truck. Your comparisons are ridiculous.

How come nobody ever does, though? Where are the dyno charts of all the modded Gen 2s? Why are more people doing Coyote swaps than putting big turbos on their Gen 2?

Show us the data.

GunMonkeyINTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of data has been posted. Just no data showing a Gen 2 north of 500 RWHP. :shrug:

If you have a problem with the crank horsepower numbers I quoted from Shelby and Roush then post up your own. Or use RWHP figures. Either way, the Gen 2 falls short.

You have demonstrated your ignorance so many times in this thread and you just can't stop. Nobody with a brain runs Gen 2 shocks on a Gen 1. They are incompatible. We upgrade to real 3.0s. Or better. And there are a lot of better options.

Guys. The Gen 2 is a great truck. Really. Perhaps the best off road truck currently on the market.

It just has a really, really small engine.

I'm just dealing with facts here.

Dude, you seriously tried to paper-race the G1 against the G2 by comparing sandbagged numbers off a modded G2 vs a hypothetical, best-case FW numbers off a heavily-modded G1, to get a #/HP that allowed you to claim “victory”.

Everyone saw that.

You’re right that you’re “dealing with facts”.

The only unequivocal fact to come out of your posts is that everyone (as in every single person) who will ever come read this thread, throughout the perpetuity of the interwebs, will feel like they just watched a 13 year-old Jewish boy step up to the stat table in a ****-measuring contest, throw down a pack of Trojan Magnums, and ask that the numbers on the box be recorded as his entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.