Don't hate me for asking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But that doesn’t mean we all want to spend $110k+ options/ADM for 700HP when a standard Raptor can do everything an R will do aside from straight line acceleration for over $30,000 less.
One thing it won’t do is comfortably go 250 miles away from the nearest gas station and back again. That’s at the top of my priority list. I’d switch to a non-Raptor before I’d buy an R.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that further proves the point that one model doesn’t fit every use case, hence why the non-R Raptor has been around for 13 successful years.

Personally, if I had the expendable funds, I’d be putting that $30k difference toward a new GT500. But as I said, that’s just personal preference.
I miss her…

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t regret spending the extra $30k for that straight line acceleration, and (mostly) exhaust sound for a second.
You didn’t. You spent 50-60k extra….maybe more. The 5.2L add-on is $30k + whatever these sleezy dealers put on that....extra 20-30k. Yes, im hating on it some. There is nothing organic about ford dealers playing the same game as flippers.

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You didn’t. You spent 50-60k extra….maybe more. The 5.2L add-on is $30k + whatever these sleezy dealers put on that....extra 20-30k. Yes, im hating on it some. There is nothing organic about ford dealers playing the same game as flippers.
He's got a trx I believe...

OP
OP
Lupa

Lupa

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's feedback and the more I read them the more I started to realize that I will actually prefer the V6 raptor. My main use for the Gen 2 raptor has been as a long haul hunting vehicle. I live in South Carolina and I annually either make a trek to New Mexico for elk or Newfoundland for moose, so 18 - 19 mpg from the V6 makes a whole lot of sense. Plus drive comfort and handling from the gen 2 has been awesome; I've not found a better combination of road comfort and off road capability and it's plenty fast. The leftover dough from not spending for the R and the extra I will spend on fuel for the R or the TRX will help pay for some NM landowner tags.

everestwc

Reaction score
I’m in a similar spot… travel out west to hunt every year or other year.
Just about bought a TRX the other night. The fuel tank size on the Raptors is also a big deal to me.
The TRX sounds amazing and has one heck of a jump when you punch it but… but it definitely feels heavy, I got used to it, but it’s noticeable for sure.
I don’t think I like the TRX that much more than my Gen 2 goosetuned Raptor w/42k miles. I also drove a Gen 3 37pkg with 14k miles. The power/ transmission and suspension of the Gen 3 Raptor is much improved over the Gen 2 in my opinion. I’m going to try a Gen 3 w/35’s and make my decision on which one to go with after that.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve commented before that in my numerous revolutions of the earth behind me and all the ground vehicles I’ve owned or driven, my 2018 802A is far and away the best in all categories. People walk up at gas stations all the time and comment “cool truck” and it’s even cooler to drive. Dodge products don’t have the longevity, looks or value in the long haul IMHO.
Tricked out F150 with comfy seats, big cabin and a Ford GT engine?
I’m in!
:)
V/R
Smokey

Last edited:

wyomingraptor

Reaction score
All Ford Raptors are excellent hunting rigs. I use a gen 1 for hunting and my buddy has a gen 2. They really soak up those rough roads.
Towing and off road does nothing for fuel mileage. It is what it is. A couple gas cans help with range anxiety. Wish my credit card would not shut down at 100 bucks. Slightly smaller tire and well thought out wheel offset solved the tire chain problems.

I have always been confused with needs and wants. I need a solid truck. I want both of my Raptors.

The Raptor R I just purchased is really wild. It makes me feel 30 years younger and added a couple inches. I need a Raptor R

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I was at today has a 23 TRX (MSRP 108) and a traded in 700 mile R.

100k for the TRX. 155 for the R. Supposedly they had another R which was traded for the TRX.

I was tempted to trade in my roush gen1. For the TRX. I cant afford the R, but I rather have it.

They gave me a really good number on my gen1. But I still can’t stomach 100k even on a basically brand new TRX (2400 miles). I really don’t think you can go wrong. But if I had a lower mile gen2 I prob wouldn’t trade for a TRX. Coming from a gen1 with 82k miles it would be a massive massive upgrade.

Now if I could get a god trade in for a 21-22 with 37pp I’d do that over a TRX.