Don't hate me for asking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ram decided to not only match the R price, but go right on by with it.

Base price is now $95,000. My 2021’s base price was $70,325. I love my truck, but a 2024 TRX is not $25,000 nicer than my 2021!

View attachment 420275
Agree…the 24 is essentially the exact same truck as yours. Back in January I came close to ordering a 23 with MSRP of $103,900 and purchase price around 10k off (4% under invoice). Still thought price was a little high for the truck. Didn’t go through with deal as I decided the Raptor was a better fit for me. Time to order a TRX was back in 21 or 22.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 23 TRX for $97k out the door, and its MSRP was $104k. Is it a lot of money? Absolutely. My previous truck was a 19 Raptor that I paid under $70k for new. A $30k (or an average normal person vehicle) increase because I couldn’t stand driving the V6 Raptor and its godawful exhaust sound.

I would have definitely tried the R if it was as readily available to but at MSRP, but since having the TRX, I absolutely love it.

The vast majority of TRX owners came from G2 Raptors. That says that the R is what the G3 Raptor should have been in the first place. Now we have to differentiate between V6, V8, 35 or 37 Raptors. It’s no longer Raptor, full stop no further explanation needed. That kind of bugs me.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my 23 TRX for $97k out the door, and its MSRP was $104k. Is it a lot of money? Absolutely. My previous truck was a 19 Raptor that I paid under $70k for new. A $30k (or an average normal person vehicle) increase because I couldn’t stand driving the V6 Raptor and its godawful exhaust sound.

I would have definitely tried the R if it was as readily available to but at MSRP, but since having the TRX, I absolutely love it.

The vast majority of TRX owners came from G2 Raptors. That says that the R is what the G3 Raptor should have been in the first place. Now we have to differentiate between V6, V8, 35 or 37 Raptors. It’s no longer Raptor, full stop no further explanation needed. That kind of bugs me.
I absolutely get what you’re saying. The TRX was fun, but it just wasn’t visually appealing enough for me. I wish the fenders weren’t so bubbly and they had more definition.

An interesting statistic to find would be how many Raptor owners jumped to a TRX, then jumped right back into a Raptor. I bet it’s more than you think.

The Raptor R has been a massive let down for the Raptor community. I understand free markets and blah blah blah, but this adm bullshït has gotten out of hand. Ford should have handled the Raptor R like they did the GT, and how they’re planning to do the Mustang GTD. You should have had to apply for it, and been selected based on being an enthusiast. That way the trucks go to Raptor enthusiasts instead of flippers.

Rolex dealers don’t sell above msrp even with the free market saying they’re worth more. Ford should end this madness.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely not. That would mean a G3 would cost at least $110,000. Not everyone wants or needs 700HP and 10MPG, nor do they want to spend an extra $30k.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An interesting statistic to find would be how many Raptor owners jumped to a TRX, then jumped right back into a Raptor. I bet it’s more than you think.
TRX back to a regular V6 (again, I hate having to differentiate) Raptor, or to the R?

I personally would never consider ditching the Hellcat for a TT V6 now that I’ve had both. To be perfectly honest, my G2 was stage 2 Goosetuned and an absolute blast to drive. I would even admit that the powerband and responsive feel was better on the Raptor than my TRX.
But the exhaust sound made me feel embarrassed to get on it full throttle within earshot of people.

If the R becomes available at the low $100k range, I would seriously consider it as I do have a soft spot for Raptors, and the R running low 12’s on 37’s bone stock is very appealing.

I like the looks of both Raptor and TRX, and unlike most TRX guys, I don’t bash the G3 Raptor interior, as I think it’s just as nice as my loaded TRX. That’s not a popular opinion amongst TRX guys, but I’m just being honest.

The Hellcat does have a better exhaust and SC whine than the R though.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely not. That would mean a G3 would cost at least $110,000. Not everyone wants or needs 700HP and 10MPG, nor do they want to spend an extra $30k.
I don’t know what the MSRP would have been, but obviously it would be higher. I do think that Ford would have no problem selling every single hypothetical V8 Raptor they could produce.

99% of Raptor and TRX buyers are buying these trucks because we want them. You’re right that we don’t “need” them. Where is the fun in buying only what you need? If that were the case, we’d be living in a studio apartment and driving a Kia that cost $10k.

I think the fact that the 5.2 is hand built is what makes it nearly impossible to match Hellcat production though, so it’s a moot point trying to arm chair QB what Ford should have done with it.

oliver1539

Reaction score
I had both, a 21 TRX and a 19 Gen two Raptor. We took the TRX to Satera Tuning in hampshire, IL. for a pulley, tune, trans tune, ID 1050 injectors, thermostat and catch can. The truck made 739 wheel horsepower! (removed the front driveshaft for dyno)

It was a blast to drive and was quick considering it was 6,500 plus pounds. I loved the exhaust note and the supercharger whine, it was intoxicating! The interior/tech was cool with all the modes and custom settings. However, the truck just felt big and nose heavy, like a 3/4 ton.
After about 8 months being tuned, I decided to sell because I wasn’t sure how the powertrain would hold up since I voided that part of the warranty. The Ram dealers around me are sticklers for any type of modifications. I went to one dealer for an oil change and the parts guy wanted to know “who makes the TRX?!!” I just turned around and walked out. Just not a good experience…

I still have the Gen two (stage 2 Goosetune) and just enjoy driving it more. It’s lighter and just feels more sporty. It has the Recaro seats, which to me, are more comfortable and hold hugs the body better.
My plan is to keep this until prices come down on the Raptor R. I know it might be a year or so, but I refuse to pay a crazy markup! EE06D57D-20B6-48DA-976C-087E98B5ED09.jpeg4F3AC683-C6E6-465E-BC78-B803D5715408.jpeg