Doggo owners, what’s your front to back seat barrier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

StrengthNSpeed

I don't have one of these yet, but it's almost exactly what I want.

I guess I can't get myself to pay $175 for it, but I'm sure it would be worth it. I also wish it had a flap or something that could be opened to allow my GSP to pop his head through. He loves to rest his chin on the center console.

It seems pretty simple, and I'm sure I could make something? Idk yet.
This is interesting. I saw some of these on Amazon as cargo nets, def a lot cheaper and less expensive. This is a good execution I wouldn’t have thought of.

Go to hardware store get some 1” pvc, zip ties, some cheap straps and bungees. Done ✅.

I’d do this just to tinker around.

Heinz

Reaction score
Another +1 for the Gunner kennel, although I usually just let him ride in his bed in the back of the cab. He doesn’t come up to the front.

Attachments

• 40BF0DF6-4D29-4626-B123-4E40971108F4.jpeg
    40BF0DF6-4D29-4626-B123-4E40971108F4.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 65
  • B5A43487-5787-4607-AAB7-07E241FD7119.jpeg
    B5A43487-5787-4607-AAB7-07E241FD7119.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 5BB7CEF7-ED16-403F-B7C6-97FF0FD1724D.jpeg
    5BB7CEF7-ED16-403F-B7C6-97FF0FD1724D.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 6D797AC7-70E3-45A0-B9E5-B3B8FE849087.jpeg
    6D797AC7-70E3-45A0-B9E5-B3B8FE849087.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 66

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no help here. My 115# pup won't even jump into truck, much less from back seat to front seat. Lol. I need a Tommy lift to get him in because he gets to the door and sits down and waits for me to pick him up and push him in. Tried treats, bones, balls, etc and nothing will motivate him to hop in. Crazy dog.
Cattle Prod

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Another +1 for the Gunner kennel, although I usually just let him ride in his bed in the back of the cab. He doesn’t come up to the front.
Nice! My Gunner kennel just showed up at my front door about an hour ago. Excited to put it together and see if it lives up to the hype.

What size did you go with for your GSP? I went intermediate.

Heinz

Reaction score
Nice! My Gunner kennel just showed up at my front door about an hour ago. Excited to put it together and see if it lives up to the hype.

I’ve got the intermediate as well. My GSP’s on the bigger side at 68lbs. He fits in there, but it’s definitely tight. The problem is if you step up to the large, the kennel alone weighs 72lbs.

The gunner kennel is awesome, but I do wish the intermediate size was just a little wider inside. Or I wish my dog was a little smaller? One or the other.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I tried the hammock style, but that put my puppy's head into the roof.

Now I just fold up the rear seats. For a long trip, I will put one of his beds back there.

For longer trips, I do put a towel over the console to catch drool.

Here he is sleeping with his head on the console.

This.... and the ‘knuckle sandwich’ hand signal. Sometimes it actually works.
Seriously, I’m digging the cargo net idea. if the wife leaves, mama’s boy Henry Tudor goes nuts. He’s big for a Golden, and slobbers like a basset.

When traveling, he gets the back seat area and we’ll bring a dog pillow. He settles down and sleeps on the highway.
Good suggestions in here.

Duck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all the dog people out there. What are you using as a barrier from front to rear seats? I’ve been looking for something thats open enough for air flow and I kinda hate those canvas hammocks. Any suggestions or Raptor/f150 specific options out there?

My dog is trained so I don’t have to worry about him remaining in the back seat but I do use an Orvis waterproof cover for the backseat so if he is dirty or wet when we hunt I don’t have to worry. Fits 2020 backseat perfectly. They have other versions that might work for you

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a GSP and malinois and they both fit in an intermediate (they each have one). You want SNUG with transport. The less moving around the better.

I personally would never let my dog wander around the cabin. I deer hunt like a **** and there's their scent. Also, in an accident , the dog will be killed and will likely become a missile and launch into occupants.