Doggo owners, what’s your front to back seat barrier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

StrengthNSpeed

For all the dog people out there. What are you using as a barrier from front to rear seats? I’ve been looking for something thats open enough for air flow and I kinda hate those canvas hammocks. Any suggestions or Raptor/f150 specific options out there?

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no help here. My 115# pup won't even jump into truck, much less from back seat to front seat. Lol. I need a Tommy lift to get him in because he gets to the door and sits down and waits for me to pick him up and push him in. Tried treats, bones, balls, etc and nothing will motivate him to hop in. Crazy dog.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no help here. My 115# pup won't even jump into truck, much less from back seat to front seat. Lol. I need a Tommy lift to get him in because he gets to the door and sits down and waits for me to pick him up and push him in. Tried treats, bones, balls, etc and nothing will motivate him to hop in. Crazy dog.
Leave him in the driveway and drive off once. He will jump in every time after that.

OP
OP
S

StrengthNSpeed

One of those seatbelt harnesses might be a more ascetically pleasing option rather than those barriers that go over the center console?
Gotcha. To clarify, I’d like to keep them in the back with the seats folded up while keeping them from jumping over the center console into the from seats. I think I’ve been searching for the wrong item. Everything I search for always brings up those back seat hammock style covers. I’m looking for something more like a cage, like a child’s stair gate.

I think i might just buy a tough cargo net and strap that between the driver and passenger seat.

Here’s my two turds.

I was hoping someone here smarter than me had an innovative solution. Trust me, I‘ve never been accused of being a smart man.

Attachments

• BD5BA5B6-6334-416F-90F2-D753FA573A65.jpeg
    BD5BA5B6-6334-416F-90F2-D753FA573A65.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 61

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. To clarify, I’d like to keep them in the back with the seats folded up while keeping them from jumping over the center console into the from seats. I think I’ve been searching for the wrong item. Everything I search for always brings up those back seat hammock style covers. I’m looking for something more like a cage, like a child’s stair gate.

I think i might just buy a tough cargo net and strap that between the driver and passenger seat.

Here’s my two turds.

I was hoping someone here smarter than me had an innovative solution. Trust me, I‘ve never been accused of being a smart man.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of mine might weigh 20lbs collectively. One is my console dog, she helps me navigate and the little curls up nappin in the passenger seat usually before I get out of the driveway. I haven't seen anything like you are looking for