Does Ford Need The Ranger Anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is market for these trucks. My uncle bought a Nissan Frontier a couple years ago because he didn't want a full-size F-150. He's been a GM man all his life, but given the bailout, refuses to buy GM. So the Colorado/Canyon were out. The Tacoma has no power and they're too proud of their products. He's never liked Dodge and neither do I so the Dakota was out. So all that was left was the Ranger and the Frontier. The Ranger wasn't offered in a full-size crew cab so he went with the Frontier (which, in my opinion, is a very underrated little pick-up). That said, there'd definitely be a market for an F-100. Especially if Ford through a four cylinder diesel into that thing and got solid MPG's and decent payload/towing out of it.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or they could continue the trend of high performance vehicles they've been going with and throw a supercharged 4V 6.2L into it making 800 hp, put some 335 section width rear tires on it, and call it the SVT thunderstorm

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is market for these trucks. My uncle bought a Nissan Frontier a couple years ago because he didn't want a full-size F-150. He's been a GM man all his life, but given the bailout, refuses to buy GM. So the Colorado/Canyon were out. The Tacoma has no power and they're too proud of their products. He's never liked Dodge and neither do I so the Dakota was out. So all that was left was the Ranger and the Frontier. The Ranger wasn't offered in a full-size crew cab so he went with the Frontier (which, in my opinion, is a very underrated little pick-up). That said, there'd definitely be a market for an F-100. Especially if Ford through a four cylinder diesel into that thing and got solid MPG's and decent payload/towing out of it.

Ford would never due that...it makes to much sense...

ford gets rid of everything but Lincoln...who was the genius that made that decision...it surely wasn't my shares that had a vote on that...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ford would never due that...it makes to much sense...

ford gets rid of everything but Lincoln...who was the genius that made that decision...it surely wasn't my shares that had a vote on that...

Dude didn't you hear...I cancelled my Raptor order and just picked up my brand new 2013 Lincoln Navigator EL...I was the only one in the dealership, had 4 salesmen helping me, and got $22K off sticker!

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude didn't you hear...I cancelled my Raptor order and just picked up my brand new 2013 Lincoln Navigator EL...I was the only one in the dealership, had 4 salesmen helping me, and got $22K off sticker!

You mean a Ford Expedition...with some fake wood and chrome plating...

Or MKZ=Taurus,

So they stop selling the Ranger for US Customers, to focus, no pun, on the new high redone high end Lincoln... C'mon guys...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You mean a Ford Expedition...with some fake wood and chrome plating...

Or MKZ=Taurus,

So they stop selling the Ranger for US Customers, to focus, no pun, on the new high redone high end Lincoln... C'mon guys...

I just got on their website and besides the Navigator, every single Lincoln looks IDENTICAL. And their new concept vehicle looks just like the other 4 cars they offer. Ridiculous.