May 10, 23 Ranger and Ranger Raptor Announcement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like May 10th we are going to get our Ranger Raptor details. As posted by Mike Levine on Twitter and Instagram yesterday. It will be interesting for sure Since the next Toyota Tacoma drops on May 19. Seeing some of the pictures that’s been dropped of test trucks in the wild I think it looks good. I’m interested on the package and pricing details. I also want to see how it stacks up to the Taco TRD Pro, and ZR2 Colorado.

On a side note, I have a GMC Canyon currently And I must say that the mid size truck is nice in some ways, but it leaves me still wanting the extra cab space and bed space the Full Size trucks have to offer. This is the one thing that still leaves me wanting the F150 Raptor. If I didn’t need that space I would be 100% for the smaller mid size trucks. As they say, hind site is 20/20.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for the reveal. Really hoping they'll offer the Ranger with a 35PP, similar to the 37PP on the F-150. Looks like the ZR2 Bison is going to ship with 35's so it would be wise for Ford to compete. I'll also be interested to see how it compares with the new Tacoma.

I'm currently in a first gen and personally feel like the truck is much larger than I'll ever truly need, not that it's a bad thing. I'm perfectly comfortable in our JL Wrangler and assume the Ranger cab will be similarly sized so I'll seriously consider downsizing IF the price is right.

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks legit. 405hp and 430ft lbs is solid for a midsize truck. Safe to say it will be the king of this segment unless Toyota has something special planned. But it looks like they'll have just have an overlander trim. Probably underpowered.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks legit. 405hp and 430ft lbs is solid for a midsize truck. Safe to say it will be the king of this segment unless Toyota has something special planned. But it looks like they'll have just have an overlander trim. Probably underpowered.

Too bad it also gained a bunch of weight, 5300lbs for a midsized is crazy

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Too bad it also gained a bunch of weight, 5300lbs for a midsized is crazy
True, but with the Braptor weighing 5700 and having 37's this thing should be pretty quick. It would be awesome if it was around 4500 like the regular one but that might make it quicker than the F150 Raptor.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, but with the Braptor weighing 5700 and having 37's this thing should be pretty quick. It would be awesome if it was around 4500 like the regular one but that might make it quicker than the F150 Raptor.
yeah i had a 21 ranger tremor with fox 2.5 DSCs on it and the FP tune (315/370). Thing was quick and fun, but my gen 2 is obviously better in every category. My biggest surprise was how harsh the 2.5s ran even on the softest setting, goin to the raptor with the 3.0s i was expecting another jump in stiffness but opposite. Wonder if the k03s will be released to public finally, they say oe only on their site.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i had a 21 ranger tremor with fox 2.5 DSCs on it and the FP tune (315/370). Thing was quick and fun, but my gen 2 is obviously better in every category. My biggest surprise was how harsh the 2.5s ran even on the softest setting, goin to the raptor with the 3.0s i was expecting another jump in stiffness but opposite. Wonder if the k03s will be released to public finally, they say oe only on their site.
Interesting. My son has a 21 Ranger Tremor and I don't feel the suspension is harsh. I was actually very surprised at how the suspension soaked up everything we threw at it while running the same roads we've done in my Raptor. Starting at $56K for a Ranger Raptor is a deal but we all know the Ford dealers will screw that up with ADM's.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My son has a 21 Ranger Tremor and I don't feel the suspension is harsh. I was actually very surprised at how the suspension soaked up everything we threw at it while running the same roads we've done in my Raptor. Starting at $56K for a Ranger Raptor is a deal but we all know the Ford dealers will screw that up with ADM's.
stock it was very plush with the 2.0s, it got me into the offroading vehicle world, always thought offroad vehicles were stupid and if i were to go offroad id use my dirtbike, how that changed lol.

When i threw the 2.5s on it got a lot stiffer but obv was much better offroad.