Does Ford Need The Ranger Anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I think they do, especially when gas hits $5.00 a gallon. I travel around the world a bit for business, and have seen the Ranger trucks in other countries and really like the newer 4 door versions. Like anything else it is all personal preference, but I have owned a few over the years and would like one now. If they made the new models available in US, I would seriously look at it, but for now, looking for an early 2000 model.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only if it look like this Lol!
ranger-to-raptor.jpg

and call it the EconoRaptor.

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO there is a market for the ranger. You would be surprised to see how many people would prefer a smaller pick up truck.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it should be called the F-80 just because it rolls off the tongue easier.
Or the F-bomb maybe the F-50 to keep with the theme. Either way a truck with a ecoboost weighing under 3k why not.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think there is a need unless they give it an ecoboost or diesel that gets really good mpg, like close to 30 or so. a pickup/commuter would be great. then i think they got one up on the market

o and i totally agree they should name it the F100, and ditch the gay ranger name.....*nudge 6.2*

In Canada they could call it the Mounty...

When did the Ranger become a compact truck? My family had an old Ranger when I was a kid and it was a full-size pickup. We ran the wheels off that thing. Now it's just a trailer.

SupermanUSAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2007 Ranger before my Raptor, it was almost the same size as a normal F150. Engine size, bed size, cab size, towing capabilities, they were all on par with the F150. The only difference was the price. It only looked small when parked next to the Raptor. I don't have a copy of a picture of it next to anything else, but here's 2 comparison shots for reference. Dad's 2001 F150 Lightning beside my Raptor on the day I bought it in Texas. And my 07 Ranger next to the Raptor the day I got it back to Ohio.

Attachments

• DSC01401.jpg
    DSC01401.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC01402.jpg
    DSC01402.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a a lot of them around...I think the ones they sell foreign are about a 90% size of an F-150...so bigger than the ones in the US...

I still think you can get them in the US as a Fleet vehicle...

I agree...if Ford could set up the Ranger to get 30mpg folks would snap them up...