GEN 1 Does anyone know what this sensor is called and what it's for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2013 raptor and I'm missing this sensor (see pics) or whatever it is on my truck. Does anyone know what the sensor is called? Is it even a sensor? Has a plug and looks electrical. I'd like to order it and plug it back in. Doesn't seem to be causing any problem or check engine lights but want to fix it nevertheless. Right now I just have a loose plug and where the sensor should be looks like it broke off or was ripped off. I recently had phaser/timing work done , tuning, and new metal valve covers installed. When I took the truck home and was tiding up the wiring I ran into a loose plug which apparently goes to this missing sensor (see pics)44B07B90-745A-42DD-AC72-9526F76DB76D.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but it doesn't go anywhere, it's self contained, there seems to be a little wire coming out of it, but it doesn't go anywhere, mine is on the passenger side.

OP
OP
Skubik

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thank you Corona Raptor! Good to know location on the 2010. I owned a 2010 scab for 8yrs and it's now my brothers, I'm gonna send him the pic and see if his ford dealership friends can tell us what sensor that is. It could almost be some sort of ground sensor ‍♂️ Not sure.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey thank you Corona Raptor! Good to know location on the 2010. I owned a 2010 scab for 8yrs and it's now my brothers, I'm gonna send him the pic and see if his ford dealership friends can tell us what sensor that is. It could almost be some sort of ground sensor ‍♂️ Not sure.
Yeah, now I'm curious, let us know what that thing is, lol.