GEN 1 Does anyone know what this sensor is called and what it's for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Skubik

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're probably right murderedoutSVT, it's just really bugging me because it was connected and now I have a wire dangling there. It doesn't seem to affect anything as far as I can tell. Wonder if it's just some kind of ground related terminal.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're probably right murderedoutSVT, it's just really bugging me because it was connected and now I have a wire dangling there. It doesn't seem to affect anything as far as I can tell. Wonder if it's just some kind of ground related terminal.
I understand, a loose or disconnected wire is quite bothersome. The unused ones usually have a plug or are taped up.

I had a 98xlt without mirror blinkers but all the wiring was tucked up in the A pillar and all I needed was the housings that had the blinkers

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignition transformer capacitors. There to minimize radio interference caused by ignition coils. Looks like there is one on each side. C1544 & C1545 . Screenshots from the 2014 shop manual wiring diagrams.
Screenshot (136).pngScreenshot (135).png

OP
OP
Skubik

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey how's you know about the radio buzz?
And howd you know that I listen to AM radio!? Lmao

Jk I don't listen to much other than Spotify these days bc I'm sick of my own saved music and hate the radio commercials. Interestingly enough tho I did have engine noise when I did turn on the radio, couldn't tell if the whining was radio noise or the whipple whining lol looking forward to seeing if this little resistor fixes that. I'm not sure if it's always been missing on my truck or at what point it was removed.

OP
OP
Skubik

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd touch base on this to close it up. Thank you all for your help. It's crazy how something so small can cause a big headache. Glad to have the people on this forum to help. The actual part for my truck ended up costing $7 plus shipping, I ordered a couple extra. It was in deed called an "ignition transformer capacitor" and it reduces resistance or radio frequencies from the coil packs or something like that, basically reduces engine noise I guess. Anyway it's nice not having a lose plug in the bay and having that doubt as to where it could go or what it could be for lol. I was worried it was something more important like a flux capacitor plug or something56EB1685-079E-4B00-B5CD-4D7D68F11B1D.jpeg, I do notice I hit 80mph a little faster now lol

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I'd touch base on this to close it up. Thank you all for your help. It's crazy how something so small can cause a big headache. Glad to have the people on this forum to help. The actual part for my truck ended up costing $7 plus shipping, I ordered a couple extra. It was in deed called an "ignition transformer capacitor" and it reduces resistance or radio frequencies from the coil packs or something like that, basically reduces engine noise I guess. Anyway it's nice not having a lose plug in the bay and having that doubt as to where it could go or what it could be for lol. I was worried it was something more important like a flux capacitor plug or somethingView attachment 324333, I do notice I hit 80mph a little faster now lol
The goal is 88mph! Keep your seat belts on, no tires in the future, lol.