Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice! maybe they realized they shouldn't order trucks by checking 'select all' lol. congrats on the new truck, hell of a deal.

Thanks. Was surprised they offered it to me for $5000 under. Since the dealer closest to me quoted $10000 over, and would not budge. Not even $1 less. Guess it’s a good thing they have had it on their lot for a bit. Lol.

They have a lead foot with every option, just got it in, but no discount on it. Never drove the new raptor before, hope I like it...... hehehe

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Was surprised they offered it to me for $5000 under. Since the dealer closest to me quoted $10000 over, and would not budge. Not even $1 less. Guess it’s a good thing they have had it on their lot for a bit. Lol.

They have a lead foot with every option, just got it in, but no discount on it. Never drove the new raptor before, hope I like it...... hehehe

I was in the same boat as you didn't even drive one, you'll have a fun 6 hour drive back home haha.

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called Klaben ford this morning about the 18 white screw for $5000 off but it was sold last night. Damn it

So he sold me the other 18 white screw they had on the lot for $5000 off of sticker!!! Could not believe it!! Just secured the loan with USAA, and sent the info over to them. So far this dealer is great to work with. MSRP sticker was $73,790. Got it for $68,790. Loaded!! So excited!!!!! Picking it up next Saturday! Just a little 6 hr ride.

Glad you grabbed it. I bought the Black one today. Your truck is waiting for you, the white ones are next to each other in the back. I traded in a 13 and am very impressed by the 18 so far.

Klaben is a great dealer, we live 10 mins away which is nice.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you grabbed it. I bought the Black one today. Your truck is waiting for you, the white ones are next to each other in the back. I traded in a 13 and am very impressed by the 18 so far.

Klaben is a great dealer, we live 10 mins away which is nice.

Glad to hear good things about the dealer. I saw they have a black and a lead foot truck also. Looks like those have every option. I would have loved the orange seats, but couldn’t pass up this deal. Chris said he was moving the truck yesterday, glad he did.

I just sold my tundra lastnight so I’m curious to see how the raptor compares to the tundra motor wise. Me the wife and our 6 month old boxer are renting a car next weekend and going on a road trip!

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear good things about the dealer. I saw they have a black and a lead foot truck also. Looks like those have every option. I would have loved the orange seats, but couldn’t pass up this deal. Chris said he was moving the truck yesterday, glad he did.

I just sold my tundra lastnight so I’m curious to see how the raptor compares to the tundra motor wise. Me the wife and our 6 month old boxer are renting a car next weekend and going on a road trip!

The Black one is the same build I have ordered twice from another dealer but never received because of the CF and BL holds back in the day. Like yours this has the spray in liner and cover which I was going originally going to do afterwards so I hope the quality is good with those.

I think you will be very happy if you’ve never driven one. I had a 12 and 13 Raptor that I loved but after only a day I feel like this is quite an upgrade after driving it. The bumble bee sound will take some getting used to though lol.

You will love it coming from Tundra I think, nothing compares.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Black one is the same build I have ordered twice from another dealer but never received because of the CF and BL holds back in the day. Like yours this has the spray in liner and cover which I was going originally going to do afterwards so I hope the quality is good with those.

I think you will be very happy if you’ve never driven one. I had a 12 and 13 Raptor that I loved but after only a day I feel like this is quite an upgrade after driving it. The bumble bee sound will take some getting used to though lol.

You will love it coming from Tundra I think, nothing compares.

Thanks!! Can’t wait! Yeah spray in bedliner 802a and moonroof was a must!!! Was going to add a bakflip but now I don’t have too. I didn’t want the stickers, and since I really didn’t pay for them I won’t feel bad about taking them off when I get home. Lol All the other options were pretty much free with the $5000 off.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2018 from Team Ford in Vegas yesterday...sticker was $66,330 and that's what I paid...
What an awesome road trip back home to Burbank...zero traffic the entire trip and the truck drove better then my expectations....

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i saw they had a couple 2017s on the lot when i was there in December but even msrp on a 17 seemed too much...i tried negotiating an 18 with their absured 15k markup. Best i could get them down to was 7k over sticker. Ended up finding another dealer in phoenix at MSRP. Peoria did call me on Friday and said they would sell me an 18 at msrp so it may be worth a shot. They do have a big selection.

Sanderson Ford in Phoenix sells at MSRP. I just ordered mine from there.