Do you top off your tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont let mine get under half a tank, mainly because I dont want to have a $100.00 heart attack. Condensation is not a problem here-it's way to dry. And yeah- Big J- I have found the same thing, when the pump shuts off-it's full, otherwise you end up throwing money away.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Generally yes but not so much now that I got a company truck.

rightNut

Reaction score
I don't think the "eco" concern with topping off is weight related. I think its with overflow (spillage) and that's definitely something I've noticed with the Raptor. For whatever reason, when the pump clicks off, it really means full. When I try and top off beyond that, a few seconds later I'll notice gas spilling out under the cap and onto the pavement. Money out the door (oh yeah, and of course I'm ruining the planet too :picard:)

PS: I paid $3.50 for E85 yesterday. The same station had regular unleaded for $4.40. Although that's WAY too much for E85, relatively speaking I was happy to pay it.

Exactly what I have found. When it clicks, its full. I tried to top it off one time and after getting gas on my toes don't bother anymore!