DIY stereo upgrade for under $500.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 118631 View attachment 118632 These are from a 2019 and they are FoMoCo speakers, assuming the doors will be also. I just started tonight changing out speakers for some Infinity reference tweeters / center, and Kappa door speakers. I previously did the Pioneers in my 17, but traded it in after multiple issues, and I am hopeful this sounds even better. Just the tweeters and center sound so much better than these. Wire colors for the center are unchanged from 17, but tweets are both different. I will post colors after I get them done if anyone is interested.

Those are both identical to what came out of my 2018.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 118631 View attachment 118632 These are from a 2019 and they are FoMoCo speakers, assuming the doors will be also. I just started tonight changing out speakers for some Infinity reference tweeters / center, and Kappa door speakers. I previously did the Pioneers in my 17, but traded it in after multiple issues, and I am hopeful this sounds even better. Just the tweeters and center sound so much better than these. Wire colors for the center are unchanged from 17, but tweets are both different. I will post colors after I get them done if anyone is interested.

let us know if front door speakers are fordco also or real b&o

John Butler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We changed the system mentioned by me in the original post to a system with all Focal speakers. Got to thinking that life is short and being 84 it’s really short. Waiting for the Focals and as soon as the builders remove our 2019 door panels I will send pictures.

jck

Reaction score
I hope to get the front doors done tomorrow night. Work is always geting in the way of the important stuff.