GEN 1 Disabling Third Brake Light Marker Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
stealth

stealth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand, if for some reason, someone behind you thinks that the marker lights are your brake lights. They would simply step on their brakes. That's a good thing, right?

In most scenarios that’s fine I guess. I was playing devil’s advocate thinking of certain scenarios at night or in the rain where it might not be. My main point is...in my opinion the rear marker lights running with the headlights could possibly cause more confusion and potential issues then it prevents.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stealth

stealth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are over thinking this. 5 years and no one has confused the running lights for brake lights. I do think if you don't like them then by all means get rid of them.

You're probably right. I guess it comes down to me just liking a cleaner design for the third brake light to distinguish it from the 3 bottom running lights. I would love it if more red LEDS would illuminate vertically in the middle when the brakes are applied...kind of like how the Recon one does except it doesn't have the running lights. I've read elsewhere about a few others not liking the design so maybe they just quietly went the Recon route, lol. At least I feel better I finally posted after it bugged me for awhile. I've learned a lot about my Raptor lurking around here and am grateful for all of the replies. We're passionate about our trucks and it's great that no two Raptors are exactly alike! It's a personal quirk that I'll have to work around. It might sound OCDish and nitpicky because I can't find anything else on over 3 tons of my Screw that I dislike, haha. :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

I would cut the green wire...
Haha, that's awesome! :waytogo: