GEN 2 Difficulty ordering a Raptor locally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LordExplorer

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone giving options of dealers. Found one in a neighboring state that sold my order for 5k under and 200 in dealer/setup BS. Not only that, they were a pleasure to deal with. This outcome is exactly why I’m a huge fan of online communities. The knowledge and experience that is shared is priceless (minus the resident retard of FRF who shall not be named). Thank you all! I shall post pics of my Prius crushing rig once it arrives.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone giving options of dealers. Found one in a neighboring state that sold my order for 5k under and 200 in dealer/setup BS. Not only that, they were a pleasure to deal with. This outcome is exactly why I’m a huge fan of online communities. The knowledge and experience that is shared is priceless (minus the resident retard of FRF who shall not be named). Thank you all! I shall post pics of my Prius crushing rig once it arrives.

Well, until then, here’s your probationary pic.
130809859.jpg

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a local dealer in Texas that was willing to take my 2019 order at MSRP, but after 8 weeks without the order getting picked up by Ford, I moved on. Now on track to get my truck out of state but $4k under MSRP. No trade in so travel is worth the savings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jinskeep

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After lurking on this forum for a couple of months researching everything I can about the Raptor, I have decided what I want and ready to make an order. I’m now finding how difficult that actually is in Colorado.

I have been emailing the sales managers at multiple local (Denver/Steamboat) dealers with my build sheet saying I’m ready to place an order. Multiple places haven’t even bothered to get back to me, and those that have ultimately go dark once I say I won’t pay over MSRP.

I can’t believe how difficult it is to buy this truck! Damn you Ford, just take my ******* money!!!

Anyone else run into this? I’m at the point of contacting out of state dealers. I was hoping to keep it local to do a trade in and get the tax break. My trade in is valued at around 70k so the tax savings is a decent amount.
We can help if still in need, MSRP minus trade. Just checked and Colorado is a sales tax reciprical state. Order or have 2 in stock, www.inskeepford.com 317-462-1470 Just outside of Indy. we have sold a few FRF members from Reno to New England. Jeff, Pat or Bethany

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think, at this point (3rd year of Gen2) with a pre-owned market of 17's and 18's abundantly available, as well as unsold 18's on lots everywhere. We are way beyond MSRP being the gold standard on 19's, and any markup is a non starter. I believe the true market value of a 19' is $3-5k under MSRP (new 18's should be no more than invoice).

This will be reflected in the resale and trade-in values in the years to come. Unless you plan to own the truck for a long time and drive the wheels off it, buying at MSRP is going to hurt a little bit when you try to move it along. The deals are out there (not advertised)... you just have to work the dealers and be willing to move on to the next one and be willing to travel. Im not saying go across the map... but a 600-800 mile round trip can be completed in a day... that's worth $3-5k to me.