GEN 2 Difficulty ordering a Raptor locally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me about 2 years to find a dealer... To my surprise if was the dealer that was 5 min from my house that would sell me a truck at sticker when everyone else in north CA was still asking 20-30k over. It's a very small family owned dealer, every other dealer was part of a group.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going out of state may be appealing depending on the deal. In CO you don’t pay tax on the trade in value. With my trade in near 70k, that would save me approx 5500 in taxes to trade in my vehicle with the deal.

The self proclaimed largest dealer for Raptors in CO said they charge 5k ADM. After some back and forth they said they’d get “near MSRP”. I told them flat out I won’t pay ADM, purely out of principle. Never heard back from them. That’s the best I’ve found in CO so far.
Take your trade in to a dealer that has an in stock Raptor that fits your build. Ask for the General Sales Manager, not the frontline sales manager, and get serious with them. Doesn’t matter if you pay an adm if you get more for your trade in. You know what you want to pay on the bottom line. If you need to You can even work in a Ford protect plan or other (stuff) to help offset. Do this at 2 dealers.
No luck needed just be serious and direct but be polite and act they are doing you a favor.

dave_g

Reaction score
I live in NJ- 7 local dealers wanted 5-10k over sticker- Found Kennedy ford in pa- selling at sticker . was worth the drive.

I had the tec package that I did not want , but all else was good, But I have to say I'm glad for the tec package I enjoy it.

Joph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in NJ- 7 local dealers wanted 5-10k over sticker- Found Kennedy ford in pa- selling at sticker . was worth the drive.

I had the tec package that I did not want , but all else was good, But I have to say I'm glad for the tec package I enjoy it.

been working with some dealers in Monmouth county. got 3 to offer MSRP for a custom order. Working on which one I like best.

The one local guy offered free lifetime oil changes. so thats putting him a head right now. hoping to sign a deal this weekend.

xmadcowx

Reaction score
OP - I was in the same boat you were. Denver market, "working" with multiple dealers. The best I was able to get was $250 off MSRP. I caught a post here last weekend linking a build that was very close to what I would have ordered anyway for $5k under MSRP in Kansas City. Called them up Monday morning, we talked my trade over the phone and I was out and back in 24hr. The dealer is Rob Sight and I worked with Noah. Couldn't be happier with the transaction. I took a handful of conference calls on the way out and back to keep me occupied. I'd do it again considering Denver dealers are "shocked anyone is selling at MSRP".

chizchiz

Reaction score
The good news is the things in CO are changing VERY quickly. I'm in the same boat, live in denver, been lurking, and now seriously talking to dealers. The "biggest" dealer in Denver has always been buying up any other dealer Raptors in surrounding states at MSRP so they can corner the market and then charge 5k-10k markups without any competition locally. The good news is that they're now sitting on 50 new raptors and they aren't moving. I now have another local dealer that will knock a few k off MSRP on a new 2019, and as mentioned above there are some great deals in KC too! Be patient and do the math of spending an extra 500-1k to ship one home to you.

xmadcowx

Reaction score
I spent an afternoon at Phil Long (biggest raptor dealer) but they would not budge...I was fine walking on an 18, they had dozens of them. Their problem, not mine. Freeway Ford was the best expedience locally, but again...only $250 off MSRP and wouldn't move much from that. Deals can be had out of state, even with a trade. Time is money friend...if you can multitask the trip to KS isn't awful.