GEN 2 Difficulty ordering a Raptor locally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimBee

Reaction score
I know it may be too far for you but I just took delivery of a custom ordered 19 from Yankee Ford in Maine for under MSRP. Completely painless and the salesman was really easy to work with. PM if I can help.

OP
OP
LordExplorer

LordExplorer

Reaction score
$5k under MSRP in Kansas City. Called them up Monday morning, we talked my trade over the phone and I was out and back in 24hr. The dealer is Rob Sight and I worked with Noah. Couldn't be happier with the transaction.

Thx! I went on Rob Sight webpage and searched their team but didn’t find a Noah. Could it be a different name? If it is Noah, do you have an email contact for him?

KC is definitely doable. That way I can still do a trade. A lot of the “below MSRP” dealers I’ve seen mention on FRF have been east coast or south. Too far to realistically do a trade. Now I just need to find out if KC has same tax advantage on trade in value that CO does. That’s a sizable number that impacts the bottom line and might make it more advantageous to do local with less off.

xmadcowx

Reaction score
Thx! I went on Rob Sight webpage and searched their team but didn’t find a Noah. Could it be a different name? If it is Noah, do you have an email contact for him?

KC is definitely doable. That way I can still do a trade. A lot of the “below MSRP” dealers I’ve seen mention on FRF have been east coast or south. Too far to realistically do a trade. Now I just need to find out if KC has same tax advantage on trade in value that CO does. That’s a sizable number that impacts the bottom line and might make it more advantageous to do local with less off.

pm sent

TunaSmell

Reaction score
I was hoping to keep it local to do a trade in and get the tax break. My trade in is valued at around 70k so the tax savings is a decent amount.

If your home state allows you to credit the trade value in against the purchase $$ then it should not matter where you buy. The credit is driven by where you register the vehicle. Good deal for you ..With a 70k trade the sales tax on a new Raptor should be almost nothing. I wish where I lived (Wash D.C.) allowed the same. Happy purchasing!

PDT905

Reaction score
I’m in Denver and currently have a 2019 SCREW on order through a local dealer for MSRP. It’s been a good experience so far - negotiations were straightforward, they submitted my order on the spot, and I now have a VIN and 2/22 build date, confirmed through Ford.

Shoot me a PM and I’ll give you the details.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last year the Ford dealership in Broomfield was selling Raptors at list price. Might be worth calling instead of emailing since that demonstrates more serious intent.

As for the person commenting about Phil Long on the verge of dealing since they have 50 Raptors piling up on their lot, don't hold your breath. They've carried 50 on their lot pretty consistently since the Raptor came out. I was never going to pay their markup, but it was nice to see all the options in person before buying out of state.

xmadcowx

Reaction score
^ Same thing. Being able to see options/colors in person was worth an hour or so at Phil Long. Find out what you want, give them the chance to deal, when they don't...there are plenty of other options.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sorry...my dealer has 6, 2018's and 4, 2019's in stock for a couple thousand below MSRP. It was very easy to buy my truck.