Differential fluid change - do I need friction modifier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats all he does is drive up and down the hwy. Blames it on alignment machines but we all know the truth. How about that for snake oil. :fishing1:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats all he does is drive up and down the hwy. Blames it on alignment machines but we all know the truth. How about that for snake oil. :fishing1:

Sounds about right. He drove like a Sally at raptoberfest, even got stuck:derp:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MCR & Pirate, I can't help what the manual says. The info I posted is not from the regular F150 manual but from the SVT Raptor Supplement to the F150 manual. So if the requirement for the additive is in the factory manual supplement for the Raptor, what's the problem? If the claim is that the factory guidance is in error, something in in the way of proof and greater than opinion would seem to be in order. I'm not making this up, and it's not my problem to solve.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MCR & Pirate, I can't help what the manual says. The info I posted is not from the regular F150 manual but from the SVT Raptor Supplement to the F150 manual. So if the requirement for the additive is in the factory manual supplement for the Raptor, what's the problem? If the claim is that the factory guidance is in error, something in in the way of proof and greater than opinion would seem to be in order. I'm not making this up, and it's not my problem to solve.

I understand what your trying to say, I'm just trying to see what exactly the supplement manual says. I saw your post about it saying the need for friction modifier, but then Humvee added some info and I was just trying to figure out where what he posted was stated. Is what he posted in the sup manual or regular manual? That all I'm trying to figure out.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand what your trying to say, I'm just trying to see what exactly the supplement manual says. I saw your post about it saying the need for friction modifier, but then Humvee added some info and I was just trying to figure out where what he posted was stated. Is what he posted in the sup manual or regular manual? That all I'm trying to figure out.

What I posted was in the regular manual. I did check the Raptor supplement for 2012 but I can't remember what I found. I'll take a look again in the morning

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I posted was in the regular manual. I did check the Raptor supplement for 2012 but I can't remember what I found. I'll take a look again in the morning

Ok, no problem. Thanks

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MCR, Pirate, and Humvee I am interested to know if the Raptor Supplements for other model years say the same as what's in the Supplement for 2011. I do not think that SVT changed the differential. If so, then all the supplements should require the additive.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, no problem. Thanks

This is straight from my 2012 Raptor Supplement. I have highlighted the areas pertaining to this discussion

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Can't attach a pdf?

2012 raptor supplement: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12246588/axle info from 2012 raptor supplement.pdf

2012 raptor owners manual: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12246588/axle info from 2012 owners manual.pdf

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Since the Raptor supplement does say to add the friction modifier without specifying electric locker or LSD, then I assume we still have to add the friction modifier?