Did you know the 2021 Hood and Front Fenders are Fiberglass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have always been fiberglass composite. That is the weight savings that brings some of the performance in the raptors. Aluminum bonded panels and fiberglass make for a much lighter truck.

OP
OP
BadRapMT

BadRapMT

Reaction score
You’re going off the pic? Doesn’t really tell one way or the other but if you’re talking bout the white looking spots when these aluminum panels crease the paint flakes right off showing bare aluminum beneath that looks kinda white
Believe me it’s fiberglass

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well some guy was stopped at the edge of highway waiting to cross to the other direction and he was looking right at me then when I was about 8 feet away he darted out in front of me. He said he got the pedals mixed up. View attachment 349788View attachment 349789
Man, So sorry to hear this, absolutely terrible. Hope everyone was ok. And hope you get the truck back on the road quickly.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aluminum isn’t cheap, fiberglass is…maybe trying to reduce costs or maybe they didn’t want to do a new press just for Gen3 raptor hoods?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread has left me very confused, so apologies for the stupid question. I assumed Gen 2 fenders and hood are aluminum, is that not the case? Are they really FRP?