Did you guys buy a maintenance warranty??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys buy a maintenance warranty?? besides the extended warranty??

How much did you all pay?

Is this worth it?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You mean a maintenance plan?

I got a free premium maintenance package due to the delays my truck went through. I wouldn't have paid for it though. I'm using it for the oil changes every 5k for the first 45,000 miles. I'll probably get 2 pairs of wipers out of it, probably not much else. I do my own tire rotations. So for the 9 oil changes, about $50 an oil change, it's saving me about $450 in oil changes, so overall value maybe $500 with a couple pairs of wiper blades added in. I think the package costs a lot more than that though.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The maintanance plan is just not worth it. When your paying for service Ford says every 5,000 miles for service 50,000 trans flush, 90,000 new plugs... But if its on the plan and Ford is covering it , its 7500 miles for service (oil changes) 60,000 miles trans flush and 100k for spark plugs ( makes them out of service plan then). So for the cost you dont get much and you never know if the mechanic is actually doing any of it. For my trouble on my last F150 I got broken studs, broken caps on my after market wheels stripped threads on my oil drain plug...

Yokota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with a 20 year/200,000 mile power train warranty over and above the normal Ford warranty, plus I paid to extend my bumper to bumper out to 7 years for around $2300. If I don't use it, I get all but $50 back.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got it but i work away from home and it's easy for the Wife to get the services done plus if the cost of oil changes and services goes up you don't need to pay more. it's more of a convince thing for me.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The maintanance plan is just not worth it. When your paying for service Ford says every 5,000 miles for service 50,000 trans flush, 90,000 new plugs... But if its on the plan and Ford is covering it , its 7500 miles for service (oil changes) 60,000 miles trans flush and 100k for spark plugs ( makes them out of service plan then). So for the cost you dont get much and you never know if the mechanic is actually doing any of it. For my trouble on my last F150 I got broken studs, broken caps on my after market wheels stripped threads on my oil drain plug...

The Ford Maintenance Plan you can pick which service interval, which I"m sure does affect what price it costs. Mine is for 5,000 mile intervals, but the sheet did have 7,500 intervals. I'm surprised that they did check mine off for 5k mile intervals when they comp'ed it for me, they actually didn't take the cheap way out.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the professional repair industry and I am the guy that has to call the claims in and deal with the extended warrantys.

Let me preface this first - outside of the OEM warranties (Ford, GM, etc) Those extended warranties are ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS!!

SOOOO many people waste their money on them. The average person I see here spends about $1800 on them. They might pay 10% of the claims I call in. Max out a labor rate, want to use used parts, say its not covered, try every excuse in the world to get out of fixing it.

We are just about to the point of not accepting them any longer. We have also talked about maybe a $69.95 "administration fee" for the headache of having to call them in and then HOPE they send you payment. A normal phone call for a claim is at least an hour long process.

Bottom line - I hate extended warranties.