Diamondback bed covers and bike racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. The worst possible option available.
Agreed, too easy to steal a valuable bicycle, bounce the bike up and get the cover up above the front axle and get a tailgate scratched up.

That's why I use the 1up and their security lock to block the tension screw.
I added fork mounts to the factory bed hooks so I can either flip up the cover or remove it and mount two bikes in the bed or I am carry them out back if needed depending on what’s going on. dda99f7fee8ed0aa557c3f2c2c671091.jpgf96b8ff0c88de171ab57894bea4004e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What fork mounts are you using?

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, too easy to steal a valuable bicycle, bounce the bike up and get the cover up above the front axle and get a tailgate scratched up.

That's why I use the 1up and their security lock to block the tension screw.

What fork mounts are you using?
Yep if I take it anywhere it will be sitting like my office I’ll put it in the bed with an extra cable lock. Between that and the front being through axle bolted in it would take some time to steal it.

I used seasucker huske mounts. I have a seasucker rack and like the inserts are interchangeable to fit my Mtn bike through axles, road bike skewers, and wife’s Mtn bike skewers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Edbert

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This idea makes a lot of sense. I can easily remove the back section and mount the bike sideways without front wheel.
I added fork mounts to the factory bed hooks so I can either flip up the cover or remove it and mount two bikes in the bed or I am carry them out back if needed depending on what’s going on.
I looked up the seasucker husky, don't see the one you used.

Fury Road

Reaction score
Yes. The worst possible option available.

If you plan on leaving the bike in the truck, sure I see what your saying but for driving straight to the trail head, riding, and then driving right back home I see no issues with it. It’s super convenient. I see a ton of them at the bike park too. Like I said I still might get a one up or a recon for longer road trips and when I need to have the bikes locked up, depends on where your going imo.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that’s it. With my Mtn bike the front wheel fits between the rear wheel and the cleat on the opposite side so I strap them both to the cleat and run a cable lock through the anchor point that is low in the bed then trough the wheel and back of the frame.

If I’m just going to the trail or the greenway with the family and it’s not going to be sitting I use the Thule T2 pro XT hitch rack because it installs in seconds and is so much more convenient for mine and my wife’s bikes as the bikes come on and off quickly without removing wheels. It’s has a built in cable lock but it’s just to keep honest people honest. Also leaves room in the bed for my daughters bikes and sons copilot trailer.

My friend laughs at me because I told him I needed something to haul bikes to the park so I got a raptor lol. Trying to get all of that if my wife’s Yukon was a PITA.

Also planning on getting the Thule aero roof bars to hold the Thule cargo box I have for the Yukon if we want to travel and take bikes.

Last edited:

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just usually tilt up my back seats and load my road bike in the backseat area. For travel when loaded up I use my 1up.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just usually tilt up my back seats and load my road bike in the backseat area. For travel when loaded up I use my 1up.
Hmm. Now you have me looking at the 1 up [emoji30]

Edit can you open the tailgate with the 1up installed? With the Thule I can drop the rack with two bikes installed and open the tail gate

Last edited: