Diamondback bed covers and bike racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my new SE bedcover, went cheap and got the silver one, figured if it had to be painted I could do it myself some time down the road. Install was easy, instructions said it would take 45 minutes but I spent over an hour taking multiple measurements and adjusting the fit more than once.

What I'm looking for is a top mount system for two bikes. Not a fan of the traditional 'racks' like this https://www.yakima.com/overhaul-hd because they are too high for my taste. I was hoping to mount (with drilling) something more like this https://www.yakima.com/frontloader but they are designed to fit on existing roof-racks. Are there rail systems that would mount flush? Can anyone make a recommendation?

20190525_105339.jpg

Last edited:

Aesconde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
b80cbc699c8d290f5c34344956776b46.jpg

Here’s my setup. Yakima skylines mounted to landing pads drilled into the Diamondback cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check out 1up, I have their trailer hitch rack. Quality is second to none, most secure rack out there. I almost lost my bike using a Yakima last season heading to the victory hill enduro in north east kingdom vt on gnarly washed out dirt roads.

Fury Road

Reaction score
The one up stuff seems great. Bikes mounted on top of cover like that seem a little too high up for my taste. I may get a one up or a recon rack at some point, but for now just took the tonneau off and running a tailgate pad. Quickest and cheapest option out there for getting the bikes in and out of the truck.

IMG_5326.jpeg

IMG_5224.png

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second for 1up. Great rack.

Roof racks and garages don't mix well. Almost everyone who has one ends up having an incident.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one up stuff seems great. Bikes mounted on top of cover like that seem a little too high up for my taste. I may get a one up or a recon rack at some point, but for now just took the tonneau off and running a tailgate pad. Quickest and cheapest option out there for getting the bikes in and out of the truck.

View attachment 124059

View attachment 124060
Nice evil!!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 124059

View attachment 124060
Worst option I've seen so far.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added fork mounts to the factory bed hooks so I can either flip up the cover or remove it and mount two bikes in the bed or I can carry them out back if needed depending on what’s going on. dda99f7fee8ed0aa557c3f2c2c671091.jpgf96b8ff0c88de171ab57894bea4004e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: