Detailing a Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has any one ever compound out light scratches on there own , should I buy a buffer or do it manual

willywilson

Reaction score
Yeah a DA will be worth the investment. I like Sonar Cutmax compound. You can pair that with a lake country yellow or orange pad depending on the severity of the clear coat damage. I usually go over with a polish after compound (e.g. sonax perfect finish or menzerna SIP (now renamed). Some compounds will leave a halogram effect and require a polish. Cutmax finishes down very nice.

Rappin37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way to keep your truck at peak is by doing everything yourself, winter season I have a hand car wash who definitely scratched up the body, not noticeable to others but I can’t Miss it. I watched some videos on you tube seems easy to do as long as you use a low strength polish to assure that the clear cote stays in tact.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Groits Garage products from Autozone. Everything I’ve tried seems quality to me. I do have a high dollar Reverse osmosis system for washing and rinsing, that helps tremendously. But didn’t care for the Groits Ceramic wash. Their tire and wheel cleaner is really good. I see Autozone is carrying some Adams products now, might try some of their stuff. I bought some more expensive products online when I had my Shelby and Boss 302, really didn’t think it was worth the money, but I’m not a professional auto detailer.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did this man get a detail yet or what?
3 Pages and I don't see any clean RAPTORS.