Denied warranty service for a few items on new Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are having problems with one person, it is probably that person. If you are having problems with everybody, it is probably you.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Is it for you? I've corrected a couple of typos' but other then that I try to condense my thoughts but I guess it doesn't come across as intended. I've re-read my post and seems like English to me, except for the couple typos. Sorry! I surely can understand myself. Lol

Considering the fact that I don't have to edit my posts to fix the fact that it reads like it was written in Chinese by a 7 year old and then run through an online translator, I'd say it's obvious that English is not a 2nd language for me.

It's great that you understand yourself, but you're asking advice from other people so you should slow down and type in a clear concise manner so that others can understand you. If you speak like you type, it's no wonder the dealerships don't want to help you. They probably don't know what the hell it is you actually want.

f5ac2fa7aecb161d61e43664d2dc474da62c1bf5a19302c3e1.jpg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Considering the fact that I don't have to edit my posts to fix the fact that it reads like it was written in Chinese by a 7 year old and then run through an online translator, I'd say it's obvious that English is not a 2nd language for me.

It's great that you understand yourself, but you're asking advice from other people so you should slow down and type in a clear concise manner so that others can understand you. If you speak like you type, it's no wonder the dealerships don't want to help you. They probably don't know what the hell it is you actually want.

f5ac2fa7aecb161d61e43664d2dc474da62c1bf5a19302c3e1.jpg

You don't run yours through a translator?

Serious guy, what is bluncignand? I work in the dealer in China and now come out of the security needle and i need to know so i can tell my manager to order some?

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Also, yes, yes I do think Grammar is a ************* game

6276-c.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm in disbelief here. Initially when I picked her up end of January I noticed a few issues. A popped out wheel arch up front, steering wheel off center to left an inch or so, and a tire issue. Selling dealer replaced one tire at his expense, fixed arch and did alignment making steering wheel straight. 2 months later and I now have a small popped out area of rear wheel arch, and. both rear doors misaligned slightly. In at top, out a little on bottom of doors. In addition and more alarming is the steering wheel is again off center in the same spot as before. Did it slip? Does it not hold? This is a street queen, no off road and driven like a grandpa (no flaming please lol).

Being to local servicing dealer about these and a tranny issue in sport we all know about. They addressed tranny by telling me there are no updates and all is normal. They then tell me that I need to bring back to selling dealer for door alignment and wheel arch. Not to mention I asked for the rusted drivetrain components to be cleaned up and denied that too. I contact selling dealer who tell me whe will not touch the wheel arch or doors nor do another alignment as it was perfect when I left. He's right but now it's not. Said. One of these are warranty items, truck is not perfect and never will be. This is unreal. He suggested arranging a meeting with factory rep at servicing dealer, not his. LOL.

Now I've read here about ford. It covering certain things but this is ludicrous. Are they kidding me? 2 dealers including selling dealer denying to fix what is wrong. How is this my issue that a wheel arch plug popped out, again (different arch), the steering wheel loses its position, and doors are misaligned. WTF. Other than my Maserati, which I will never ever own another, I've never experienced anything like this with nearly 200 cars purchased in 33 years.

Anyone else have this problem with ford?

Wassy, I think some of your expectations are not realistic.
drive train component rust has been addressed by Ford as a PDI only issue, not covered under warranty unless there’s actual damage.

The doors are an issue that you should have addressed before signing paperwork. If they seal, don’t howl or whistle and they’re “within tolerance” then the dealer is doing what they see as addressing something that really isn’t a problem. Unless the doors are sticking out visibly, not not something that has to be measured with dial calipers, there probably isn’t an actual problem.

<edit to add> For grins, I checked my doors and they’re exactly as you described. I have no leaks, whistles, howls or discernible wind noise, no water leaks and honestly, no aesthetic concerns as they both appear to be symmetrically positioned.

Is the steering wheel really off center on level pavement or ... perhaps different pavement than the first dealer aligned on? Level pavement is painfully difficult to find, so this may be a tail chasing endeavor.

as to the wheel well arch, I’d be looking for long term answer on that.

I don’t have time in my life for dealer interactions. I’m sure there are nice people there, but dealerships are just not high on my list of preferred destinations or hangouts. I would offer that while we likely differ in approaches to these matters, I would just not sweat a lot of this stuff.

YMMV

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some states have REALLY good "Lemon-Laws".... A friend of mine had issues like your's and *********** to the dealer that he was pursuing the Lemon Law here in Arizona and all of a sudden it was in the shop and fixed within a week. In Arizona I believe you have 2 years or 24,000 miles. Just a thought...

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I just want to know where he got that sweet retracting air hose reel!

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body shop manager just called. They are going to fix the arches, as he found one of the fronts out too. He apologized and said he believes its the way it was assembled at the factory. He said the doors do appear out a tad but he'd recommend I don't adjust, warranty or not. He also said for you naysayers he said the wheel moldings don't generally pop out on their own and thinks the line worker in Dearborn did his pop pop pop of the fender plugs and a few just didn't take properly in the 10 seconds that worker has to put em on. Makes sense.

Good news is this issue is mostly resolved and I won't have to be subject to the many insults I've received here. Thanks to the one or two of you that took the time to try and help me nicely.