Deletes, Heated mirrors and heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is possible to retrofit, what are the chances it costs more than $140?
The odds of it costing more than $140 to retrofit are 100%. Unless you do all of the work yourself and happen to be skilled in that arena with zero cost placed on your time.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The odds of it costing more than $140 to retrofit are 100%. Unless you do all of the work yourself and happen to be skilled in that arena with zero cost placed on your time.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm very aware. Very aware of the fact that the profit and labor baked into the MSRP of the truck is not being discounted back to us.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Blueoval, Lightnings are having heated wheel function removed temporarily, with a field service action to be performed at a later date, a la GM. $50 credit for the, “inconvenience.”

Our $80k orders are still planned to have the function removed permanently.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Will there be one of those yellow warning stickers not to lick the steering wheel? Cause you never know.

holder.jpg

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at my order this morning and can someone explain to me what "Multicontour Seats with Active Motion Removal" is?

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at my order this morning and can someone explain to me what "Multicontour Seats with Active Motion Removal" is?
Platinum, King Ranch and Limited F150s require the massaging seat option to be removed, for some reason it shows up on Raptor builds.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is possible to retrofit, what are the chances it costs more than $140?
Putting a Gen 2 wheel on an F150 was nearly $500 after the wheel and harness. For heated to non-heated, you'd need a new wheel and clock spring, as well as temperature control modules, etc.

If Ford was smart, they'd lay the ground work with the proper wiring, clockspring and heating elements in the wheels, and just have you plug in a module down the road.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting a Gen 2 wheel on an F150 was nearly $500 after the wheel and harness. For heated to non-heated, you'd need a new wheel and clock spring, as well as temperature control modules, etc.

If Ford was smart, they'd lay the ground work with the proper wiring, clockspring and heating elements in the wheels, and just have you plug in a module down the road.
Ford is plenty smart. They know these trucks are selling well so why bother.

Besides, they don’t want 1000s of trucks storming the service departments for retrofits with free labor. They have a hard enough time handling scheduled service and warranty work.

I still refuse to believe that parts alone being omitted are only worth $140.

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
My 23 was ordered 8/4 with a 10/24 build date, 10/26 blend date and heated steering wheel delete on the window sticker for a $140 credit.

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They ended up keeping the mirrors because they “acquired enough chips.”

I think it was the backlash for safety concerns

Lets be honest here, while these shortages suck and are a sign to some extent of mediocre/poor supply chain management and an over reliance on just in time process to protect cash flow make shareholders happier.... ford does not WANT to de-content these trucks it is almost as big of a pain in the ass for them and their dealers as it is for potential customers.

Whether the controller is embedded in the wheel or somewhere under the dash probably matters most to the ease of retrofit.

I personally think it would be a worthwhile investment for automakers to put together some project teams to design retrofits across their product lines for vehicles impacted. Even if it was cost to consumer to implement the retrofit, take rate might not fully justify the ROI but I think it would add alot to consumer satisfaction.