Dee Zee tailgate assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcm

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had them for 5yrs & had one shock go bad after a few years. Just watch for rubbing on the inside. Other than that they work great

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just watch for rubbing on the inside.

Forgot to mentin that... they do include a clear protection film to put on to protect the paint. It's easy to miss and if you don't read instructions like most people you'd never know to look for it.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been using them for probably 13+ years. First truck I put it on was an 06' Silverado SS. Then an 08 F250. Then my Gen 1 2011 Raptor. My 2018 has the tailgate assist so this is the first truck I haven't put it on. I loved them and had zero issues with them....

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who here uses one of these? Are they junk or are they worth it? If you do have one, how long have you had it for? For those that had a bad experience with it, how long did it last before it broke?

48432339177_0502cfd9cc_b.jpgDee Zee by Thomas Pfau, on Flickr
I do works amazingly I’ve had it on a Chevy Avalanche prior to my Raptor work great for years

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have one on my 2014 F250, installed 2 days after I bought the truck, just about 5 years later, and it still works perfect! It is a no brainer...

Daniel Henley

Reaction score
Who here uses one of these? Are they junk or are they worth it? If you do have one, how long have you had it for? For those that had a bad experience with it, how long did it last before it broke?

48432339177_0502cfd9cc_b.jpgDee Zee by Thomas Pfau, on Flickr
My work truck is a 15' F150 with the tailgate assist on it and I use the tailgate constantly (10+ times daily since early 2015). No problems whatsoever. I even laughed at the addition, as it came with the truck package, thinking how lazy one must be to want it. Truth is that I actually like the feature for obvious reasons. Over 2k times used has saved me a bit of energy!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen the Chevy ads with the motorized UP on the tailgate? Surprised Ford didn't beat them to it. Ford has had the keyless/remote tailgate open option for nearly 5 years now.